First Crossbow Buck-PICS added - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-13-2011, 01:44 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Community

First Crossbow Buck-PICS added

Saturday 11/5 7:15 AM 9Pt 2011 Excalibur Vortex. Right about 7:00 10ft up with my climber and I hear footsteps. Look to my right and I can make out a doe as it was just getting light. Turn around to get up to my 20ft spot and I hear more footsteps so I look again and I can see headgear! He's about 40 yards away my bow is still on the ground! I slowly try to lift my bow up doe is 10 yards to my left and he knows something isn't right so he starts to walk away. I give him 2 soft grunts he snort wheezes at me and walks away. Man was I bumming he was a shooter buck. It's now about 7:05 so I continue up the tree with the doe still eatin 15 yards to my left. Pull up my bow, hang it on the holder and put my back pack up thinking my shot for the day is gone so I'm just gonna get comfortable for the day. I contemplated wacking that doe since i have a tag but decided since she's just milling around thats a good thing. What a great decision. I look down the trail to the right and that ole buck was coming up the trail which goes directly under my tree. He had circled me downwind and was determinded to stay with that doe! He comes up the trail to about 25 yards quarters away off the trail and gives me a clear quartering away shot and I let it fly. He bucks like a bronco as the bolt hits home a little forward than where I wanted but a devastating hit. He runs about 25 yards straight into a tree and expires right in front of me. I had to thank that doe for sticking around as she was key to keeping him coming back! If someone can help me add pics I'd appreaciate it and be glad to show him. Thanks for the pic help 1oldman here he is

3D
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-13-2011, 02:17 PM

Re: First Crossbow Buck

This was posted a while back by Everyday Hunter

Lots of people have asked for information on how to post photos, so here is a step-by-step guide. It might not be a good one, but it's the best I can do. And keep in mind that it sounds more difficult than it is.

First, you must have a host, and your own computer cannot be a host unless you leave it on all the time and you don't mind anyone else accessing it. You probably already have a host anyway in your ISP (Internet Service Provider). ISP's usually offer customers 5-10 MB of storage space, and all you need it an FTP (File Transfer Protocol) program to get your pictures from your computer to the server.

If your ISP doesn't provide that, or if you don't want to use it for whatever reason, then you need to subscribe to a service that does that for you. Two popular ones are http://www.hunt101.com and http://www.photobucket.com. I am not endorsing either of these. If you want to know the benefits and drawbacks of each one, ask around.

Those are active links, so choose one and click on it. These instructions might be more accurate for PhotoBucket.com, but Hunt101.com is pretty much the same. You will have to open an account. There might be a fee. If there is, it's probably reasonable. After you sign up you will have to log in with your username and password each time you want to use it. You will be shown a page that will allow you to upload your pictures. A browse button will let you search your own computer files for the pictures you want to upload.

When you find a picture you want to upload, click on it and then click "OK". Then click on "submit". What you've just done is make a copy of your picture and put it on their server in your account. You should be able to see your photo below the upload box, along with 3 buttons (move, edit and delete). You will also see 3 rectangular boxes named "url", "tag", and "img".

Your image now has a URL, which is the picture's address on the world wide web. To post a picture on HuntingPA.com, go to the posting page and click on the "Image" link under UBB Code. You will get a box. Copy and paste the picture's address into the box. Make sure you have the entire address, including "http://". When you click "OK" the address will go into the place where you type the words you are posting. It will look something like this: {image}http://www.hostsite.com/huntingphotos/bigbuck.jpg{/image}. Those image tags at the beginning and end are what tells my computer to go to your host site and display your photo. (They're supposed to have square brackets "[image]" but I had to change them to "{image}" so you wouldn't see one of these: , which tells you something is wrong and indicates an unusable or "broken" link.

Finish your post just like any other message, and voila, you've posted a picture for me and everyone else to see.

If anyone reads this and thinks it can be made clearer, PM me and I'll try to make improvements. Good luck.

post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-13-2011, 03:08 PM

Nice Buck. Great Job. Congrats.

Traditions only last if you pass them down to your kids!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-13-2011, 03:11 PM

post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-13-2011, 03:27 PM

Nice!

Never Misses
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-13-2011, 03:44 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

congrats on a fine buck.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-13-2011, 04:04 PM

Re: First Crossbow Buck-PICS added

Awesome buck 7MM!! Congrats on the harvest.

I support all hunters, regardless of weapon or technique!
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-13-2011, 07:14 PM
Administrator

Congrats!
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-13-2011, 10:19 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Good Sanctuary vs. Good Food Plot
Sanctuary wins by a first round Knockout!
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-14-2011, 12:09 AM

Nice one!! Congrats

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page