Ten Point Bows - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-24-2009, 01:01 AM Thread Starter
Hooked on HuntingPa

Ten Point Bows

I haven't hunted with a bow in nearly thirty years and have considered trying a crossbow. A friend told me to try a Ten Point. I looked at one and WOW! talk about sticker shock it was two grand! I know there are a lot of other less expensive bows out there. What makes Ten Point bows so expensive and are they worth the price of a custom rifle?

"Those who hammer their guns into plowshares will plow for those who do not."
Thomas Jefferson
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-24-2009, 01:52 AM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Re: Ten Point Bows

They are way over priced. I just sold a ten point that I had for about 4 years. Never had any problems with it but there are crossbows out there that are half the price that will outperform them.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-24-2009, 01:54 AM
Regular Visitor

It is because of the name thats all.If your looking for a crossbow check out the horton sumit i just got one at cabelas for $249 its a real great crossbow for the money and im glad I got it.

Big Joe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-24-2009, 10:54 AM

Most of their models are priced quite a bit above what the consumer demands but they seem to have survived and have a following. Ten Point is known for the quality and precise fit and finish. Triggers are very good, at least the ones I have shot.

Are they worth the extra money? Only you can answer that by shooting them for yourself.

I support all hunters, regardless of weapon or technique!
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-24-2009, 10:58 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Ten Point bows are some of the best the industry has to offer. The triggers are the best. They also have a cocking device that many feel is the best. They are very reliable and the price reflects all of that. There are Ten Points that can be bought for as low as $569
That being said, there are many bows out there that will do the same job at a better pricing point. Parker's Tornado is an excellent bow. I can choose any bow I want. The Tornado went with me on all of my hunts this year. It just fits me the best. It balances like no other crossbow. It comes with a lifetime warranty, as well as all Parker bows. The new Enforcer 160 and BushWacker 150 look to be nice bows at a more affordable price. Built to the Horton's price, but much better customer service. Who wants to wait four months while a tiny spring is being serviced by the factory? They won't sell this part to thier dealers, it must go back to the factory, and I was told it was a four month wait.

Excalibur is a great bow. Dead solid reliable and as good a trigger as can be found. All maintenance is done by the owner, without a bow press. They shoot good too.

Eastman's crossbows will be in our line this year too. I had the opportunity to shoot and handle them and they are really nice bows. Very strong and reliable and the price is good too.

Crosman is another one to look at. The Bristol and Teton are both good bows and they are coming out with a new model for 2010.

Look closely at the warranty. That should help you decide which bows you want to look at further. Some only offer a one year warranty. Does anyone really want to drop $600 - $700 on a bow that has a one year warrany?

Feel free to give me a call. I've shot almost all of the current bows on the market and would be happy to tell you everything I know about them. I can save you alot of headaches and hassle, as well as a few $$$. There are a few points I haven't talked about here. I feel there are just some things I shouldn't talk about on an open internet forum.

Our store- http://arrowhead-outdoors.com/
"The best warranty, is the one you never have to use"
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-25-2009, 04:32 PM

Ten Point will be introducing a new line of bows called "Wicked Ridge Crossbows" in January. Supposedly will have two models available at a under $500 price point.

Look for them shortly if you like the Ten Point product but are looking for a good bow at a reasonable price.

I support all hunters, regardless of weapon or technique!
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-25-2009, 06:29 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

My experience is limited, as I have only owned one crossbow, a Ten Point Profusion that I have hunted with for 4 years. Hunting, shooting, reading and talking to folks, one thing that I have come to understand is that crossbows, with their high draw weights and short powers strokes are subject to enormous stresses. It's a situation where you want quality and a company that will stand behind the product, because with all that stress, things do go wrong.

80% of Americans believe in miracles. The other 20% have been audited.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-25-2009, 07:27 PM
The Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpms
Ten Point will be introducing a new line of bows called "Wicked Ridge Crossbows" in January. Supposedly will have two models available at a under $500 price point.

Look for them shortly if you like the Ten Point product but are looking for a good bow at a reasonable price.
I wonder if this will be like the Reflex version of the Hoyt bow line?

John Adams - "One useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress."
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-25-2009, 10:13 PM
The Man

I have a Tenpoint Titan and I love it but I need the accu-
draw cocking device due to a disability. They are expensive
compared to some x-bows but they are made well, shoot great,
and their customer service is good too. My only complaint
is the red dot scope that came on mine flickers on and off
when changing the light recticle but otherwise I really
like the red dot scopes. We just bought my younger brother
a Barnett Wildcat crossbow and it shot well and the red dot
scope on it doesn't have that flickering problem. It seems
like a decent crossbow for the money.

I'd rather be fishing or hunting!
Youth Chairman of Chapter 803 PF, NEPA.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page