Horton Trigger - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-05-2011, 01:27 PM Thread Starter
Frequent Contributor

Horton Trigger

I have a horton legend hd 175 the problem is when i cock it back the saftey doesnt click back to safe it will cock but it wont go back to safe i can do it with my finger once it is cocked but not on its own any help thanks AL

A smile is like tight underwear ... it makes your cheeks go up
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-05-2011, 08:10 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Horton Trigger

Read your manual, it says:

When properly cocked the trigger safety automatically engages and the safety lever moves to the "Safe" position. However, after cocking, check that the safety has moved completely to the safe position by pushing the safety bar toward the "Safe" position. NEVER ASSUME THE SAFETY IS ON

My name is Moss and i'm a turkey huntin' addict

I'm itchin' to see a red fox twitchin!
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-05-2011, 09:37 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

It could be that your safety spring is about to fail. I've seen this several times on the Hortons. The arrow retention spring and safety spring is all one piece. They will start to do that just before they break.

Our store- http://arrowhead-outdoors.com/
"The best warranty, is the one you never have to use"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-06-2011, 12:31 AM Thread Starter
Frequent Contributor

Yea i read the manual and am aware of that, hey arrowhead any idea what it would cost to fix this problem i looked around me and the 2 closes horton dealers they list dont even have hortons ace sporting goods in washington pa and Ultimate Outdoors in plum pa i contacted horton they told me to try a little gun oil if not go to a dealer thanks

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-08-2011, 12:19 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Usually doesn't cost too much (under $10) to get them going again. If it is the arrow retention spring and it fails it would cost more though. The bow has to go back to Horton for that as they won't sell me the parts to repair it.

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-04-2012, 01:15 AM Thread Starter
Frequent Contributor

I sent Horton a note about my problem. With the trigger they gave me a RA# so I mailed it back to them and with in a week they fixed it no charge and sent it back to me couldn't be happier thanks Horton

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-04-2012, 04:34 PM

Thats great it took my dad 5 weeks to to get his ten point back from ten point now he owns a vision
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-04-2012, 08:13 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Stackem... I honestly don't beleive that for a minute. Ten Point....5 weeks... C'mon. Early last year (01-01-11) you said that one of your buddies had a Parker and you wrote: "parker is a good bow i know guys that missed half the season because they could not get the fixed"

I had dealings with both compaines in the peak of the season. Both had return times of less than three days.

You a Horton dealer/rep? I saw that earlier this year you had more than a few Horton Visions listed for sale.

Horton has made great progress in customer service in the last two years. So has Barnett. It's good to see that competition has brought about this change. In the end, it's the consumer that wins.

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-04-2012, 08:49 PM

I got news for you im not know dealer or rep as you say and i can tell you for a fact i know people that have ten points and parkers that took for every to get fixed im not saying you cant have your trouble with any of them because we all know you can but some people talk like you cant I guess what i am saying is i dont care what anyone buys they can have trouble and yes it can take longer then the next person to get it fixed I bought 25 horton visions this year at a good price and we didnt have any trouble at all i didnt know that made me a dealer or rep
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-04-2012, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALFONZ
I sent Horton a note about my problem. With the trigger they gave me a RA# so I mailed it back to them and with in a week they fixed it no charge and sent it back to me couldn't be happier thanks Horton
Great to hear you got you bow fixed up quickly. Horton, along with Barnett have picked up their customer service lately. That is a good thing.

Hearing that Parker is under going many changes lately. Remains to be seen how that pans out for the customer. Excalibur and TenPoint still lead the pack with customer service.

I support all hunters, regardless of weapon or technique!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page