wet opener - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-01-2011, 01:57 PM Thread Starter
The Man

wet opener

Went out this morning--saw three doe and one small Y--got wet, chill set in so I'm home--maybe go back this evening--I knew I should of bought a ground blind!! How's it going out there for yinz guys??

Genesis 27:3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-01-2011, 02:07 PM

Re: wet opener

In a tree here in 2B until 9:30 or so. No deer!

OHWM
Shoot Safe, Shoot Often
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-01-2011, 02:18 PM

I took my 9 year old for his first day of x bow hunting. We had a great morning saw 7 buck and 2 doe. He had an 8 point n the cross hairs for several minutes but no shot. He was a little to far at 50 yards. I won't let him shoot past 30. What a morning it was though. The deer where all over us a daybreak but the action was over quickly. By 7:45 we didn't see anything else.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-01-2011, 02:23 PM
Super Moderator

just got home from the emergency room, wife got real sick this morning, i been up since 3am. gonna take a nap and hope to go out next weekend.

2D

ONE NATION UNDER GOD...

Pray for our troops, and for our country

God Bless America
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-01-2011, 03:03 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

i saw 3 doe and about a dozen turkeys but no buck,got cold and wet,maybe better weather next saturday.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-01-2011, 03:16 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Wet...WINDY...30 mph steady and 40 mph gusts. Rain was going sideways! Almost got a shot at a HUGE doe that had a little fork horn in tow, but eh...its the first day and I got monster buck on the brain! Just felt good getting out after a rough last couple of weeks. While doing a little last minute bullseye practice with the xbow yesterday, had the end loop on my brand new red hot string fail and my Cyclone pretty much blew apart! Thought my season was over before it started. Called Parker and told Jim what happened and he had me into a new bow within a half hour. Gave me the go ahead to head to gander (where I bought it) and they replaced the whole barrel and front end and he's going to send the store a replacement. Talk about top notch customer service! Got it home and after a little adjustment I was taking out the bullseye to 40 yards.

Big Al's "Take-Em" Style Silhouette Decoys Pro-Staff.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-01-2011, 03:32 PM

Colton and I didn't see anything on stand, but saw 4 doe when walking out. Looks like the rain might break this afternoon in SW PA.

Traditions only last if you pass them down to your kids!
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-01-2011, 04:54 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Killed a doe about 7:05 with the Vision. She was 15 yards and went about 30. Tagged and gutted it and then got back into stand. I wanted to get a kill on video. I ended up seeing five different buck and another doe with a little one. Two of them will be shooters next season. the other three need a couple more years

It started to rain around 10 so I left and went to see the buck my buddy killed a few miles away. Decent 8.

Deer were really moving ahead of the rain. Does not look like I will go back out this PM.

WV Gino
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-01-2011, 05:00 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Wasn't raining here in the morning. Passed on a Super Nice 6 pointer today a 8:10 am @ 20 yards. Had him on my trail cam. He has no brow points & 3 tines per side & good body size. There are 5 on my HIT LIST before this one!!! He walked right to the side of my trail cam, might be able to post a pic if it got him. Will be back out for the evening hunt!!!
Now it start raining again here, Hope it stops before the evening hunt!!!

Bowtech Strikezone 380 - XB30
Monster MR6- HHA - QAD Ultra Rest
Middleton Black 375 SS - XB30
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-02-2011, 02:16 AM
Part of the Community

Was on stand before light, then the rain started. By 9am the crew decided to get in the warm and dry (no sense getting sick this early). My nephew went back out at 1, I ventured out at 3. Only thing I saw was the button buck playing in my parents yard while I was in the house.... Oh well, lots of season left.

1A & 2D
Rem. 7600 30-06, 3x9 Scope
Parker Enforcer
TC Renegade 54 cal Flintlock

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page