....Sweet November.....Part 2...... - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 3Likes
  • 3 Post By Urban Zone

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-23-2019, 06:36 PM Thread Starter
New Arrival

Location: N.E. Ohio, native of Westmoreland Co. PA.....My job moved me to NE ohio
....Sweet November.....Part 2......

Hello all, Ive had a busy week at work. I was off yesterday and was watching the weather...cool, 35, with a NW wind here in NE Ohio. Perfect weather for an afternoon bowhunt. Archery season is still open in Ohio, our season is 4 months long. With the NW wind, i decided to hunt a ladder stand I haven't hunted all season. Ive hunted the other edge of this large field last week, had 6 longbeards pass by my stand and a doe and her fawn. The other end of the field boarders much denser woods, perfect bedding area. I can't hunt this until I get a NW or N wind though. Yesterday was that day. Things were pretty slow at first, as the afternoon progressed, activity was starting. At 4:20pm this decent 7pt. comes into the field and coming my way. My time is limited, so i decided to take him. At 40yds, I give an "eeeaach" and he stops in his tracks. Ive never shot at a deer this far, I know many members do. They obviously have better eyes than I do.....lol. I settle the crossbow scope just behind the front shoulder,
"WHACK"...the bolt hits where i was aiming, and as the deer takes off running, the bolt is stuck 6" in the ground behind him.. This buck takes off in a dead run to the neighboring property, runs into this weedy field, stops by a small tree and collapses. this buck easily ran 160/170 yds with a double lung shot. Fortunately with my ladder stand I had a height advantage, and I saw him crash. Not the largest buck in Ohio, but good enough for me...

P.S....I almost forgot, this is the 4th deer I've harvested this year with the same bolt...see: initial post..SWEET NOVEMBER..i took an 8pt and 2 doe in Pa a few weeks back. I inspected after each shot, washed off, and just replaced the Rage Broadhead. Even the Nockout Contender lighted nock is still working....lol. I have been truly blessed this year. Just wanted to share my story.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2BHK0UD9SxWoLWPcs3ixZA.jpg (2.20 MB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg fullsizeoutput_1fa1.jpg (1.93 MB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg twm1lT8dTXymkGwSSp0mEw.jpg (1.26 MB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg fullsizeoutput_1fb4.jpg (1.80 MB, 29 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-23-2019, 06:42 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

congrats on a nice deer. looks like someone is going to eat a lot of venison this winter
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-23-2019, 06:47 PM

Good buck - Good shot. Congratulations!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-23-2019, 07:08 PM Thread Starter
New Arrival

Location: N.E. Ohio, native of Westmoreland Co. PA.....My job moved me to NE ohio
Thank you all. If you look under the :General Hunting Forum...Heaviest deer you have taken....go to last page and see the tank I shot in archery her in Ohio in 2016....My largest Whitetail ever.....
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-23-2019, 08:28 PM

Congrats, Bud! Sounds like you are having a great time.

I support all hunters, regardless of weapon or technique!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page