The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

Wicked Ridge RDX issues?

6K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  dpms 
#1 ·
I purchased a Wicked Ridge RDX 400 about three months ago. The first time I shot it, something went wrong with the Acu Draw. I took it back to Cabelas and they swapped it out for another one of the same.
While out hunting I experienced the same issue with the new crossbow. Took it back to Cabelas and they fixed it and explained what had happened (inproper assembly). Tonight I finished hunting and as I discharged the bolt, my string broke. Good thing I wasn't holding it looking through the scope.
My question is, does anyone have these crossbow and if so, are you having any similar issues?
I will be calling Ten Point first thing in the morning.

#2 ·
I will be calling Ten Point first thing in the morning.
That is the first thing I would do. I trust the repair folks at Tenpoint more than Cabelas folks.

Can I ask when you are cranking back the Acudraw, do you stop as soon as the safety goes from fire to safe? There have been problems from folks cranking the Acudraw too far back which compromises the string.

#5 ·
Both times it was an issue with the roller pins becoming dislodged. At the time it happened I was unaware that it was a simple fix. But on the other hand it shouldn't have happened at all.

#6 ·
I have to give Cabelas in Hamburg total respect and kudos for helping me out with this issue and going above and beyond to rectify the horrible experience I've had with this bow that I purchased from their store. Managers Jason and Carlo, if you're on here "Thank you" once again.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.