ravin r29 - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-15-2019, 10:44 AM Thread Starter
Part of the Community

ravin r29

Bought a new ravin r29 about a month ago, ill tell you i have shot many crossbows, and this is by far the best most accurate crossbow i have ever shot, the crank mechanism is second to none, it is pricey, but it is one awesome crossbow!!!
Dogface likes this.

hunting with a bow brings about a different challange on every hunt!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-15-2019, 10:58 AM

Yeah. They are an engineering triumph for sure. There is a lot to like about Ravin crossbows and the technology they bring to the table. I am not a fan of their advertising campaign but they have certainly changed the game with other manufacturers playing catch up.

I have been shooting the R26 this year. Every time I pick it up I am amazed with the total package. So much power in such a short and narrow package. The only downside has been rather quick serving wear and separation which is to be somewhat expected with such a narrow bow.
splitlimb and Dogface like this.

I support all hunters, regardless of weapon or technique!
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-15-2019, 11:21 AM

Due to a malfunction with my bow I borrowed a Ravin crossbow last year. I was able to take nice bucks in KY and OH. The ravin is very impressed with the accuracy, it is much easier to carry in the woods than my "Batwing" crossbow and the scope is equal to any of my pet rifles to 100 yds.

I have been looking to buy one....just haven't "Pulled the trigger yet."

NRA Benefactor Member
NWTF Member
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-17-2019, 12:00 PM

I did a lot of investigation on the Ravin crossbows over a couple of days. I changed amoung the R20, R26 and R29 repeatedly and believe all would more than fit my needs.

Since I was having a difficult time making up my mind, I called the gentlemen who loaned me his crossbow last year and determined is an R10. I was very happy with the accuracy, weight and maneuverability of the R10 and the confidence it provided.

Therefore, I ordered a Ravin R10 to arrive on my birthday...sure beats a tie.

As I have said before I love and prefer to hunt with a compound bow. Back in 2005 I bought a Mathews Switchback and it is still in excellent shape, but due to having surgery on both of my triceps I am unable to draw it pull back in cold weather therefore, the need for a crossbow when it colds off.

At 74 my R10 should be all the crossbow I will need and I will continue to hunt on the warmer days, shoot 3D and practice in the backyard with my compound bow.
Dogface, Danesdad, loridr and 2 others like this.

NRA Benefactor Member
NWTF Member
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-17-2019, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born2Hunt View Post

Therefore, I ordered a Ravin R10 to arrive on my birthday...sure beats a tie.
Nice! Have fun with it and happy birthday!
Born2Hunt likes this.

I support all hunters, regardless of weapon or technique!
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-18-2019, 02:24 PM
dce
Sage

Glad you can get out there Born.Make the most of it.
Born2Hunt likes this.
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old Today, 09:18 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

I have an R9 I bought last September, that model was in my price range. Simply Love it.
I almost went withe Ten Point Shadow NXT first then changed my mind. So glad I did.

Potter County
Gods Country USA
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old Today, 10:07 AM

I see thereís a R9,R10,R20,R26,R29. Are there other models also? Which is the newest, best and most expensive. Two of my buddies have them but I donít know much about them. My friendsís Raven broke this year before season while it was being cocked. He took it to an authorized dealer( not where he bought it, I think it came from Bass Pro Shop ), and they lent him a demo model to use till his came back.
joe8768 likes this.
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old Today, 10:11 AM
The Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpms View Post
The only downside has been rather quick serving wear and separation which is to be somewhat expected with such a narrow bow.
There are aftermarket strings and cables out there that are supposed to be better and cheaper. There is a lot of info on Crossbow Nation.
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old Today, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbrownie View Post
I see thereís a R9,R10,R20,R26,R29. Are there other models also? Which is the newest, best and most expensive. Two of my buddies have them but I donít know much about them. My friendsís Raven broke this year before season while it was being cocked. He took it to an authorized dealer( not where he bought it, I think it came from Bass Pro Shop ), and they lent him a demo model to use till his came back.
They are ALL expensive. I'm not knocking them because I've never tried one, but I don't know of any costing less than a kings ransom.

Hunting: 10% skill and 90% location.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in