string keeps breaking - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-20-2011, 07:54 AM Thread Starter
Regular Visitor

string keeps breaking

i have a parker terminator 175 and I just got new limbs put on it due to one of the original limb splitting. prior to that it shot great. well I got it back friday from parker took a practice shot, looked ok was out yesterday and placed the cross hair on a doe and bang I shot but the bolt flew slow and right over her. I looked down and my string broke. well I was pretty upset after that. so I actually found another string at Mike's bait/archery shop in nazereth and he was nice enough to put the string on for me right there. I was up and running again. on to go shoot at a target and one strand of the string snapped on the same side the first string broke on. has this happened to anyone. could it be another limb issue or a cam/wheel issue?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-20-2011, 11:32 AM

Re: string keeps breaking

sounds like there might be something obstructing the string flight zone? I don't know much about xbows, but from the sounds of it, something is hitting the string on release. look carefully and most of all, be VERY careful until you find it. Might be worth the time/money to get it professionally checked.

4C
Patron Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-20-2011, 11:51 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Make sure your black plastic string guide is still in the stock and installed string groves DOWN! Mine kept creaping out and fell off with out me knowing it and string frayed ..I caught it before it broke.. Now I double check each time I fire it.. Also Parker strings are rated by bow limb poundage make sure it's for a Terminator #150 or #175
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-20-2011, 03:52 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Check your nocks. Check the barrel for anything unusual. Look at the string latch very closely with a flashlight. If you can't find anything have it checked by a shop that deals in crossobws or send it back to Parker.

Our store- http://arrowhead-outdoors.com/
"The best warranty, is the one you never have to use"
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-20-2011, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrowhead
Check your nocks. Check the barrel for anything unusual. Look at the string latch very closely with a flashlight. If you can't find anything have it checked by a shop that deals in crossobws or send it back to Parker.
Yep. Nock indexing is the number one cause of broken strings or cracked limbs on bows shooting moon nocks. Take a cotton ball and rub it on the barrel and in the string latch which will reveal any burrs.

I support all hunters, regardless of weapon or technique!
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-21-2011, 06:54 AM Thread Starter
Regular Visitor

thanks i think i need new rails but i will get it to the shop so i can get it looked over. thanks for the replies.

Bear Method 70#

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page