First Crossbow - thoughts/options - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-06-2019, 02:27 PM Thread Starter
dap

First Crossbow - thoughts/options

I plan to buy my first crossbow. I'm thinking middle of the road, roughly $700-$800. Choices I've come up with are Tenpoint Titan M1, Wicked Ridge RDX-400, Killer Instinct Furious Pro 9.5.

What are your thoughts on these or other good options at that price or lower?

Last edited by dap; 07-06-2019 at 02:59 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-06-2019, 03:08 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

I'm bias and lean towards the Excalibur's. So easy to work on yourself and 100% customer service. If you get a used one they'll stand behind it also. I feel the older models can be found for a price under $400.
Zman1 likes this.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-06-2019, 03:09 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

I have 2 KI bows, both shoot 1 inch groups at 40 yards, with good arrows. I really like mine.

Good luck picking one.

Stant
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-06-2019, 04:51 PM Thread Starter
dap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laylow View Post
I'm bias and lean towards the Excalibur's. So easy to work on yourself and 100% customer service. If you get a used one they'll stand behind it also. I feel the older models can be found for a price under $400.
Thanks for the input. The customer service and warranty were part of the criteria for choosing both TenPoint and Killer Instinct. While the simplicity of the Excalibur's recurve design is appealing, the 24-30' width seems like it would cumbersome in some situations.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-06-2019, 05:03 PM
New Arrival

Just got the Center Point Sniper 370 package. Really great for the price. Sighted in today and cannot shoot the same bullseye on the block target. Got it at Bass Pro for $249.00. The guy set it up and did a great job explaining all about the crossbow. Before I got it I spent time reading and watching reviews.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-06-2019, 05:06 PM

I think you made some great choices there. The TenPoint Titan is one I often recommend since the re-design. A great USA company with exceptional customer service and very reliable.

I support all hunters, regardless of weapon or technique!
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-06-2019, 05:38 PM
Part of the Community

I have a Ten Point Turbo and love it. I have taken deer out to 40 yard. I would suggest the package with the scope. Also its a great company right next door in Ohio.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-06-2019, 06:31 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by dap View Post
Thanks for the input. The customer service and warranty were part of the criteria for choosing both TenPoint and Killer Instinct. While the simplicity of the Excalibur's recurve design is appealing, the 24-30' width seems like it would cumbersome in some situations.
Your right wide limbs sometimes are a problem. I carry mine through brush on a sling with out to much trouble. Once you're set up you have to watch where the limbs are with any bow. Keep your fingers below the rail... ouch.
Whick ever you choose I think you'll like getting out.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-06-2019, 06:46 PM

My recommendations for anyone getting into the crossbow world is to go with Excalibur or Tenpoint/Wicked Ridge. Both have great CS and great bows. I have both. I was looking at the new Tenpoints today in a local archery store and boy are they getting those things narrow.

Traditions only last if you pass them down to your kids!
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-08-2019, 11:06 AM
Frequent Contributor

I owned an older model tenpoint titan. I liked it. This past year I wanted something more narrow and purchased the wicked ridge invader x4, and took two deer with it. It was great. In March I won a Tenpoint Turbo M1 package. Haven't hunted with it yet, but its pretty impressive. I won the bow through a contest tenpoint ran, and they were outstanding to work with. I can't imagine ever going with another company.

-=Demillo=-

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page