need help - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-11-2011, 10:57 PM Thread Starter
Frequent Contributor

need help

Well I have my Parker tornado xbox dead on at 20 yards.. I don't have a yard to shoot so I have to go to a friends or where ever.. And i never thought to shoot past 20 yards. I have the multi recticle scope with the different "pins inside the scope". Do you think my 30 yard "pin" or line as it appears in the scope is on at 30? and the main question i need answered.. Is im shooting a parker tornado.. With parker hunter arrows, and parker red hot broad heads.. But i don't have one, and don't know anyone with a target you can shoot broad heads into.. Is there something i might have laying around i could shoot at that won't destroy the arrow, or make the broad head so dull i can hunt with it?!?! thanks for any help

You and tequila make me crazy!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-11-2011, 11:14 PM

Re: need help

My experience with Parkers is that their multi reticle scopes are pretty close to 20/30/40/50 provided that you are shooting close to factory spec arrow weights and broadheads.

With that being said, you don't know until you shoot farther out which also may bring to light some slight adjustments to windage and/or elevation that could be made. I would never take a shot at game at a range that hasn't been practiced at.

When shooting broadheads, once they are shot, it is recommended that the blades be resharpended or replaced before hunting.

I support all hunters, regardless of weapon or technique!
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-12-2011, 12:29 AM
Banned

Just sighted my Tornado in a couple weeks ago. I'm shooting all Parker equipment. Sighted in at 20yrds and then shot several shots at 30, 40 and 50. Was shooting indoors so no wind to deal with. Once sighted in at 20 it was good at 30, 40 and 50 with no adjustments needed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-13-2011, 12:02 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

You will be very close to 20,30,40 and 50 with Parker Hunter arrows. The right and left will most likely need tweaked a little when you shoot longer ranges.

Our store- http://arrowhead-outdoors.com/
"The best warranty, is the one you never have to use"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page