100 grn. Mechanical Broadheads? - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-26-2019, 04:37 PM Thread Starter
Hooked on HuntingPa

100 grn. Mechanical Broadheads?

What are you fellas using for mechanical broadheads in your Xbows and why?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-26-2019, 06:05 PM

Iíve been using 3 blade Spitfires for over 20 years. Used them with X bow since 2009. I now buy the stiffer x-bow version they now make, to prevent in- flight opening. I like them because in over 40 deer I shot with them, I never found evidence of non deployment, had good blood trails, and never had a broken blade. A few were bent, but not broken.
bohunr, Hemlock123 and Waynzee like this.
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-26-2019, 06:31 PM
Part of the Community

i have been using gators for years. have shot many with them out of tenpoint crossbows. they are sold at bass pro. formerly made by rocky mountain.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-26-2019, 07:04 PM
Regular Visitor

Rage 2 blade in my Excalibur Matrix 380
Waynzee likes this.
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-26-2019, 07:16 PM
Frequent Contributor

Banett Crusher, or NAP Shockwave. Thats the 100 gr choices for me, my Xbow had the final say about what matched up best with the XX75 Xbow bolts.
Waynzee likes this.

Remember.... they're full time deer......we're part time hunters!
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-26-2019, 09:27 PM Thread Starter
Hooked on HuntingPa

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny v. View Post
Rage 2 blade in my Excalibur Matrix 380
Have you shot any deer with these Rage 2 blade broad heads?
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-26-2019, 09:43 PM
Frequent Contributor

I have tried a few different ones in my Excalibur but my favorite by far is the NAP spitfire XXX. The blades are very durable and always open when they are supposed to
Waynzee likes this.

1 Corinthians 15:1-4- Christ died for our sins, was buried and rose again the third day.
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-27-2019, 06:58 AM

I used Rage 2+" cut crossbow hypodermics this year.The entrance and exit wound were in a word very large.It hit the knee joint and the arrow almost bounced back out of the entrance hole.It sounded like hitting a tree with a sledgehammer.No damage and the blades appeared to be sharp enough to reuse but I would use a new one for another deer.I bought them on ebay for $20 shipped to my house.3 pack with a practice blade.They were around $50 at local stores and other online stores.If I can find more at that price I will buy them.They were not the Chinese knockoffs sold on there.
Waynzee likes this.

Bob Seger,till it shines.
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-27-2019, 09:46 AM
Part of the Community

Rage 100 gr. hands down. There are 4 of us that hunt together all the time, all use 100 gr RAGE. Never lost a deer with this broadhead. even on a bad hit, always a lot of blood to track the animal and recover. On good placed shots, down in 40 yd or less. And not that we take a bad shot but sometimes it happens, stick you dont see or other uncontrolled reasons. ( 2 BLADE ) 2" cuts
Waynzee likes this.
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-27-2019, 09:56 AM Thread Starter
Hooked on HuntingPa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiamovi View Post
I used Rage 2+" cut crossbow hypodermics this year.The entrance and exit wound were in a word very large.It hit the knee joint and the arrow almost bounced back out of the entrance hole.It sounded like hitting a tree with a sledgehammer.No damage and the blades appeared to be sharp enough to reuse but I would use a new one for another deer.I bought them on ebay for $20 shipped to my house.3 pack with a practice blade.They were around $50 at local stores and other online stores.If I can find more at that price I will buy them.They were not the Chinese knockoffs sold on there.
It's to bad them Rage broadheads cost so much I've seen a lot of good reviews on them. I'm considering if it's worth the extra $15 to $20 for them and I suppose it is, unless I can find a nice deal like yours. I've used Scwhaker broadheads in the past but most times I had to sharpen them as they came dull right out of the package.
Also considering the NAP broadheads, in the past I've used NAP Thunderhead fixed blades with good results out of my compound bow.
MntnHntr and flintlock hunter like this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page