Ten Point/Wicked Ridge disappointment - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-04-2018, 07:41 PM Thread Starter

Ten Point/Wicked Ridge disappointment

Two days before the end of this years archery season, while sitting in my tree stand, I noticed the limbs on my invader were starting to splinter.....again. So, I call Tenpoint and inform them of this. Everything was cool. Everything was on file, limbs being changed before and all. The service rep informs me that they will install a new trigger because there was a recall on mine. I'm happy. They email the UPS postal code within hours, and my bow is on it's way. Two weeks later I get it back. Now I'm a bit confused. I got a entire different set of limbs (way smaller). The trigger was replaced, but no longer have the ambidextrous safety (but the safety is easier to operate and quieter, so, I'm happy with it). After putting the bow together, my foot stirrup is not there, and the cords for the acu draw are about an inch and a half too short. I call them and explain. I get a few apologies and the parts are being sent asap. Again, happy. Well, the parts come yesterday. I don't know what kind of crossbow the plastic foot stirrup came off of, but it is definitely isn't from a ten point, wicked ridge, or a horton. The replacement draw cords are so thin that when you follow the replacement video, it is impossible for them to be installed and function. So, I tried to call them, again, and was put on hold for 40 minutes. I had other things to do, so I hung up. I took it upon myself to order the correct parts, I'll buy them myself, and install them. But today I was thinking. This bow is now a hybrid of other Invader models, the limbs are from a X4, the stock is the original, HP, and it dawned on me that they just replaced the trigger, threw the X4 limb assembly in the box, forgot the foot stirrup, never put it together and test fired it, and when I called them about the draw cords being too short, and stirrup missing, they through some junk in a box and mailed it to me. Well, now I highly doubt if this bow is going to perform as well as it used to, and I'm quite concerned it might explode on me. Their PR has always been top notch, and now it's disappointing.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-05-2018, 07:30 AM

Yeah. That sounds pretty messed up.

I support all hunters, regardless of weapon or technique!
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-05-2018, 07:56 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

I know in the last I have read about Ten Point sending out upgraded front ends when they had discontinued previous models of a lineup. It was usually the entire front end including the limbs and cams. They may have looked at is as doing you a favor for the inconvenience of the splintered limbs though the idea of a hybrid would probably bother me as well. Not sure what happened with the missing and messed up stirup and cords. That is not good on their part no matter the excuse. Sorry to hear of the troubles you have been having.

Mathews Z7
Ten Point Stealth XLT
Remington 760, 700
Taurus Ragging Bull
CVA Optima
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-05-2018, 09:10 PM Thread Starter

Well, The stirrup and acu draw cords that I bought came today and I put everything together. Everything looks okay and the rep said it will shoot just fine, a little more speed, but I'm still nervous about firing it. As for the other junk they sent, the stirrup in no way possible fit on that bow. I gotta take a picture of this stuff and show you guys. The draw cords are so thin, it's almost laughable to think you could use them to draw more than 25 pounds. I am so disappointed with Ten Point. They always have been top notch.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-05-2018, 09:18 PM

Hopefully when you get it shooting, you have a much better bow. The smaller limbs sound like an upgrade. Hopefully you gained some speed and they hold up better.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-06-2018, 07:01 PM

This is very uncharacteristic of Tenpoint service. I'd call and ask to talk to a supervisor or manager to explain your entire experience.

The older I get, the stronger gravity becomes.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-06-2018, 09:07 PM

Are you close enough for an in person drive? A day trip from the pittsburgh area to ohio and if you have an appt, you might all be done in one day.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-07-2018, 08:44 PM Thread Starter

Yes, I could drive, but everything is all together and all I need is a test fire. The rep assured me that everything will be fine with the bow, and it will shoot a little faster. It's just the part that they sent me a foot stirrup that is useless, can't find it on any model of crossbow that they make, and draw cords are supper thin. There was no thought in the process whatsoever. Don't get me wrong. The bow was great before, I just hope it still performs like it used to. It's like it was almost a fluke and a surprise that the customer service botched things up so bad.

post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-08-2018, 01:08 PM
Part of the Community

I had a limb split in the 3rd week of archery and I took my crossbow to the shop were I bought it. He informed me that they wanted the whole thing sent to them to review. I told that was ok but its the 3rd week of the season. Got it back in 4 days, new limbs, string, and cables. What a nice job replacing all that at no cost to me. Best service I ever got on any of my equipment
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-08-2018, 10:46 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

I wonder if they didnít inadvertently send the smaller hanger that can replace the foot stirrup for the really narrow bows that they came out with this year. I think some of this years bows only can be cranked to cock because of the draw weight and narrowness, them so there is not as much need for the foot stirrup so there is a small hanger to put on the front and I think it goes in the same place as stirrup.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in