Ten Point/Wicked Ridge disappointment - Page 2 - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-09-2018, 06:05 PM

The in person let's you present your case and I would think they would have you leaving there a very happy camper when they see the situation you have.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-10-2019, 10:13 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

You got the newer upgraded front end and trigger assembly. That's a win-win!

Our store- http://arrowhead-outdoors.com/
"The best warranty, is the one you never have to use"
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-12-2019, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muzz View Post
Two days before the end of this years archery season, while sitting in my tree stand, I noticed the limbs on my invader were starting to splinter.....again. So, I call Tenpoint and inform them of this. Everything was cool. Everything was on file, limbs being changed before and all. The service rep informs me that they will install a new trigger because there was a recall on mine. I'm happy. They email the UPS postal code within hours, and my bow is on it's way. Two weeks later I get it back. Now I'm a bit confused. I got a entire different set of limbs (way smaller). The trigger was replaced, but no longer have the ambidextrous safety (but the safety is easier to operate and quieter, so, I'm happy with it). After putting the bow together, my foot stirrup is not there, and the cords for the acu draw are about an inch and a half too short. I call them and explain. I get a few apologies and the parts are being sent asap. Again, happy. Well, the parts come yesterday. I don't know what kind of crossbow the plastic foot stirrup came off of, but it is definitely isn't from a ten point, wicked ridge, or a horton. The replacement draw cords are so thin that when you follow the replacement video, it is impossible for them to be installed and function. So, I tried to call them, again, and was put on hold for 40 minutes. I had other things to do, so I hung up. I took it upon myself to order the correct parts, I'll buy them myself, and install them. But today I was thinking. This bow is now a hybrid of other Invader models, the limbs are from a X4, the stock is the original, HP, and it dawned on me that they just replaced the trigger, threw the X4 limb assembly in the box, forgot the foot stirrup, never put it together and test fired it, and when I called them about the draw cords being too short, and stirrup missing, they through some junk in a box and mailed it to me. Well, now I highly doubt if this bow is going to perform as well as it used to, and I'm quite concerned it might explode on me. Their PR has always been top notch, and now it's disappointing.

I had the same thing happen with my limbs on the last day of the extended season on SE Pa. I also have an Invader Xbow.
I also called TenPoint and they informed me as well about the recall and e-mailed me the UPS return label and a set of instructions on how to disassemble the bow and what they needed back. The foot stirrup should have not gone back if you paid attention to the instructions so you gotta of kinda own that mistake.
I also got the new front end and trigger assembly.
My experience was excellent with them.
I had no issues with the accudraw being too short. I can't really see how it got shorter on you. The served portion of the string is real close to where it was with the old front end.
I was just getting ready to post something here about the great service when I saw your thread.
They even re-tapped my lug bolt hole and gave me a new lug bolt with washer and lock washer because I buggered it up a little bit during the disassembly of the Xbow. They did not even charge me for that. I put a note in the box about it and they took care of it.
I re-sighted my bow back in in about 30 minutes and it's does shoot faster just like the young lady at 10PT said it would.
I like the narrower axle to axle. It will be beneficial in the tree stand.

LIVE TO HUNT - HUNT TO LIVE
TAKE A CHILD HUNTING AND PRESERVE THE SPORT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-12-2019, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrowhead View Post
I second that Arrowhead... It's like getting a brand new xbow for nothing.
The blaze orange strings look cool too....

LIVE TO HUNT - HUNT TO LIVE
TAKE A CHILD HUNTING AND PRESERVE THE SPORT
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-12-2019, 03:58 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrowhead View Post
Man, I must be lucky. It's the third time the front end has been replaced. All joking aside, the bow is done and I'm happy with it. I don't know why there was a problem, or should I say "mix up." And I did follow the instructions on sending the bow back. I even asked the guy and he said take the limbs off and send it in two pieces. I didn't receive written instructions, just what he told me over the phone. As for the stirrup and accu draw chords, I still have the ones they sent me that aren't the right ones. I bought the right ones myself, from amazon, a lot cheaper, and they even came in the Ten Point/Wicked Ridge package. Again, I'm cool with that. I didn't want to part with my crossbow. This year, I'm switching to the Ten Point carbon bolts with the lighted nocks because I can't see the bolt flying that good anymore, so if anyone has any advice, I'm all ears.
bobdoo likes this.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-13-2019, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EIGHT POINT View Post
I had the same thing happen with my limbs on the last day of the extended season on SE Pa. I also have an Invader Xbow.
I also called TenPoint and they informed me as well about the recall and e-mailed me the UPS return label and a set of instructions on how to disassemble the bow and what they needed back. The foot stirrup should have not gone back if you paid attention to the instructions so you gotta of kinda own that mistake.
I also got the new front end and trigger assembly.
My experience was excellent with them.
I had no issues with the accudraw being too short. I can't really see how it got shorter on you. The served portion of the string is real close to where it was with the old front end.
I was just getting ready to post something here about the great service when I saw your thread.
They even re-tapped my lug bolt hole and gave me a new lug bolt with washer and lock washer because I buggered it up a little bit during the disassembly of the Xbow. They did not even charge me for that. I put a note in the box about it and they took care of it.
I re-sighted my bow back in in about 30 minutes and it's does shoot faster just like the young lady at 10PT said it would.
I like the narrower axle to axle. It will be beneficial in the tree stand.
Had my limbs replaced on my Invader this past July. My limbs started to splinter by mid october already. Only 3 months old. Going to call them this week. i hardly even used it. Shot maybe 10 bolts from it.

4B

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page