Peeing Where You Sit? - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-20-2018, 08:11 AM Thread Starter
Hooked on HuntingPa

Peeing Where You Sit?

Is it bad to pee where you sit? I have a buddy who sits by a tree and smokes, but almost every year he gets a buck. I've heard, never seen, of people building fires and shooting deer while warming themselves. Another buddy takes salami sandwiches all of the time and he usually sees deer. Opinions, thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-20-2018, 08:54 AM
Sage

When I am in my tree stand and I have to take a whizz, I just step out on the ladder and let her rip. Never prevented me from killing a deer. I have had deer walk right by withing feet of my stand and never show any sign of fear. There is another thread on here that goes into detail about all those who actually makes scrapes using their own urine. If you gotta go, just go.
little antlers and Bigbrownie like this.

When you are up to your butt in alligators, it is hard to remember your intent was to drain the swamp. Stay focused!
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-20-2018, 10:38 AM
Frequent Contributor

The problem is the noise it make hitting the leaves from 20 feet up. I have become very proficient at controlling the flow, off, on, on , on, off, on, on, on, to make it sound like a squirrel hopping thru the leaves.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-20-2018, 10:45 AM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35 whelen View Post
The problem is the noise it make hitting the leaves from 20 feet up. I have become very proficient at controlling the flow, off, on, on , on, off, on, on, on, to make it sound like a squirrel hopping thru the leaves.
Go down the trunk
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-20-2018, 10:46 AM

I always try to go in a puddle if there is one available. I figured it would dillute any odor haha
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-20-2018, 02:14 PM
New Arrival

I scratch a bare spot in the leaves before I climb up, then you just gotta hit the target. Keeps things way quieter.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-20-2018, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35 whelen View Post
When we were calling moose, and a bull was hung up out of sight, we’d give a few bull grunts and take a water bottle and dump it into a puddle, imitating the sound of a bull peeing

Bear hunting in Maine over baits, the guides insisted that you had a pee bottle in the tree stand, and didn’t want you wizzing on the ground in the stand area.

I never saw where it bothered deer any.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-20-2018, 02:39 PM
Administrator

I know a guy who ran a garden hose from his home built stand to the ground. A funnel at the top worked for him, and the bottom end of the hose went into a chipmunk burrow at the base of the tree.
bohunr likes this.

MAGA 2020
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-20-2018, 03:19 PM
Frequent Contributor

I tried peeing where I sit one time. Didn't like having a wet a** all day. Now I try to go a few feet away from where I sit!
bohunr and Renrag like this.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-20-2018, 03:33 PM
Sage

You must be female!

When you are up to your butt in alligators, it is hard to remember your intent was to drain the swamp. Stay focused!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page