Tenpoint Stealth for Birthday - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-27-2011, 08:26 PM Thread Starter

Tenpoint Stealth for Birthday

My wife and son said they would buy me any crossbow I wanted for my birthday. Only shot a Barnett about 15 years ago, so I didn't know much about them. I shot several different brands at the bow shop and was sold on the features of the Tenpoint and accuracy. I also like the crank cocking mechanism. Any tips or suggestions for top performance out of it would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-27-2011, 08:42 PM

Re: Tenpoint Stealth for Birthday

Wow!! Heck of a birthday present and a mighty fine choice in crossbows. I have about 6 months with the Stealth and it has been bulletproof which is the norm with TenPoints. Great scope sitting on top as well.

All I really do is keep the string and cables waxed really well. My riser bolt loosened just a hair after the intial shooting session but has been snug since once I re-tightened it. Might want to look into the BoxJax kit for it. I believe it is worth the money and Arrowhead builds a heck of an arrow for the Stealth. I have got great flight out of G5 Strikers and ABC Sonics for broadheads.

Good luck this fall. You will be pleased.

I support all hunters, regardless of weapon or technique!
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-28-2011, 11:22 PM
Banned

Both fine looking crossbows...any pro or cons on why you went with the kick start model as shown in the first picture over the rope start model in the bottom pic or visa versa?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-29-2011, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripnmax
any pro or cons on why you went with the kick start model as shown in the first picture over the rope start model in the bottom pic or visa versa?
I went with the Acudraw50 because it is faster than the crank and one less part to misplace.

I support all hunters, regardless of weapon or technique!
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-29-2011, 11:33 AM Thread Starter

I went with the crank model because I'm not getting any younger and I hunt out of small hang-on stands, and if need be can cock it setting down in the stand. A couple things already is I see the crank could very easily fall out of the storage space on the bottom of the stock. I am gone to put a rubeer band around the stock to secure it. The felt pad on the claw fell off after 9 shots, not impressed with that at all. Several guys with crossbows got together yesterday evening and we shot. All of them were quite impressed with the Tenpoint's features and scope, and a couple older guys like me (who have back problems) were sold on the cranking device after they used it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page