uv killer? - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-03-2009, 07:58 PM Thread Starter
Frequent Contributor

uv killer?

does it really make a difference? some of my orange vests glow during the day,i test my camo with a blacklight,just noticed that 2 of my vests glowed bad! one solid one camo orange. got pegged opening day by a nice shooter ,came home and just had to check.... it glowed !!!!!! not now.....uv-killer. i wont make that mistake again! i just need to climb a different tree!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-03-2009, 08:48 PM

Re: uv killer?

No personal experience with the stuff but I know some that swear by it.

I support all hunters, regardless of weapon or technique!
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-03-2009, 09:28 PM

Re: uv killer?

I have a theory when it comes to flo-orange. I've spoken with people in the industry about it, but they are some what evasive about their manufacturing process.

I could never figure out why some guys got picked off by wearing flo-orange and other guys didn't. I took it upon myself to buy as many diiferent garments as posssible and started doing my own field test.

My conclusion is this; There are two distinct different types of flo-orange on the market. One made with yellow dye, and one made with red. The flo-orange made with yellow dye is almost neon in appearence, especially to deer. The flo-orange made with red dye is a non-issue because deer can't see red. The differences are subtle, but can be seen by the human eye when the garments are next to each other.

I personally have found that uv-killer is more of a gimmick than an actual aid. However, if it works for you I'd stick with it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page