Buying My Dad Some Bolts.... Need Advice - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-09-2018, 04:47 PM Thread Starter
Frequent Contributor

Buying My Dad Some Bolts.... Need Advice

My dad just recently purchased a Ten Point Turbo XLT2. It came with three Ten Point bolts. Not a fan of the bolts that came with the bow. My question for you guys, what bolts would you go with? It will be for whitetail hunting and the occasional target shooting in the yard. What is the best bolt out there? I was looking at the Easton FMJ's but wanted to get some input from you guys before I pulled the trigger. I would like to have them wrapped. Know any where I could order them already wrapped and fletched? Thanks for your time..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-09-2018, 05:03 PM
Sage

You should get him at least 6 bolts, that way you don't have to mess around changing from target points to broad heads.

When you are up to your butt in alligators, it is hard to remember your intent was to drain the swamp. Stay focused!
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-09-2018, 05:44 PM

You will get many different opinions on the best arrows. I shot Easton FMJs for several years and loved them. They are on the heavy side though, so trajectory suffers some. Recently I have been shooting Black Eagle Executioners almost exclusively. Victory makes some nice crossbow arrows as well.

If you want a little custom flair to your arrows, giving Mike at Arrowhead Outdoors will be worth your time. He is a forum sponsor here(I think he still is), and works out of his shop outside of Somerset. He can make some custom wrapped and fletched arrows for you at a competitive price.

You may want to check out TenPoints new premium arrow line called Evo-X as well. They are not cheap, but are amazingly consistent in both weight and spine.

I support all hunters, regardless of weapon or technique!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-10-2018, 01:12 PM
Part of the Community

I have the same exact crossbow from tenpoint. I shoot the pro elite. I tried some of the lighter, faster ones but lost accuracy at longer yards. The pro elites are great and a 50 shot off sticks is no problem
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-10-2018, 07:23 PM
New Arrival

I have have the same bow and shot the ten point carbon bolts. Elite I think . 2 blade rage 100gr. Works very well
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-10-2018, 07:37 PM

my dad has a Tenpoint Titan and uses Easton xx75 bolts ,he has 8 bolts , 2 has practice tips 3has Realtree broadheads with 3 blades. he is pleased with them
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-11-2018, 08:29 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Lots of options... lots of price variations.. I've been using Gold Tip Laser ll 20 inch bolt for the past 6 years.. I haven't had any issues out of my xbow (parker tornado) with factory brass inserts and 100 gr slick trick and parker capture lighted nock they weight out at 405 gr. they are pretty good bolt for under $30 for 6
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-11-2018, 06:27 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

I shoot black eagles off my xlt2....their awsome and accurate!
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-16-2018, 10:20 AM
BHC
Part of the Community

post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-16-2018, 11:24 AM
Frequent Contributor

I like the Ten Point bolts with the lighted nocks I believe they are the Elites .....$60 for 3 is a bit painful to anty up but I think they're worth it

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page