2018 Ravin Crossbows - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-03-2018, 10:27 AM Thread Starter
Hooked on HuntingPa

2018 Ravin Crossbows

This just posted on Facebook from Wyvernn:

2018 RAVINS!!!!
OK, got the go ahead to post this...we are updating our website and will have all the info up there shortly but this will get the conversation started!!

R10
New stock - 2 inches shorter – fits the eye and hand better. The finger reminder flanges are larger, come back further and are vented for a very cool look! The forearm underneath is slightly larger with a shallow groove down both sides to allow a much more comfortable place for the shooter’s support hand. this is a much more natural feeling and comfortable forearm.
New safety switch (it is beefier) The new safety is a lever that clicks audibly to ‘safe’ but is silent when going to ‘fire’. It is very easy to manipulate, answering some concerns/questions by Ravin users.
400 feet per second. Please note this! The new Ravin is 2” SHORTER but is rated at 10 fps FASTER!

R20
430 feet per second. The R20 (as well as the R10) will, like last year always shoot faster than the rated velocity.
New safety See notes above on the safety lever. This is a very nice improvement
Stock same length as old bows. the stock modifications mentioned above will carry over to the R20 but the overall length will not decrease like the R10 did.

R20 Sniper
Comes with a Vortex scope and a backplate with a dial that moves the stop and can be dialed to 200 yards. This is one sexy set up with a dial indicator that can be bottomed out at 20 yds then one full revolution of the wheel against the next stop will be 100 yds. The stop can be removed, and the wheel will dial in enough elevation to be sighted in at up to 200 yds! Not sure what Vortex scope will be used with this package but it’s an excellent choice considering the hype around that brand.

Both bows will be available in a gun metal grey finish or Predator camo for an upcharge

Lighted knocks will be available at ATA. They will be sold as a complete package, lighted knock and bolt. Replacement lighted knocks will be available but will only work with the bolts from the Lighted knock package, they won’t work with any other Ravin bolts. FINALLY! The most asked for accessory all year for Ravin. As noted, these come as ARROWS only, not as retrofit items for previously purchased arrows. I believe these are OEM from Clean-Shot so we will be familiar with the function. They DO NOT have a practice setting.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-03-2018, 10:46 AM

200 yards with a crossbow.....what's the point? The "boys in marketing" are at it again.
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-03-2018, 10:51 AM
Part of the Community

youre so right Heit. i like the ads in the outdoor mags that say meet your next rifle.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-03-2018, 10:52 AM Thread Starter
Hooked on HuntingPa

This is why I posted it, I really can't believe that they would market archery equipment at 200 yards....that really puts the "arc" back in "Archery".
dv8pnt likes this.
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-03-2018, 10:53 AM Thread Starter
Hooked on HuntingPa

I wonder what the drop in feet is at 200 yards?
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-03-2018, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSCCJ View Post
I wonder what the drop in feet is at 200 yards?
couple inches!

Oh well I figure if used for the love of shooting and challenging one's self I think it's awesome. Lets all remember that crossbows can be shot just for the fun of it. I think many of us are to caught up in the idea that hunting is the reason people buy weapons. SHOOTING is a much higher driving force in business as far as sales go now a days and there are plenty of places you cannot discharge a firearm, so people who love to shoot just buy air guns and crossbows.

To Crush your enemys, See them driven before you, and hear the lamentation of there women.
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-03-2018, 11:41 AM
dce
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragman View Post
couple inches!

Oh well I figure if used for the love of shooting and challenging one's self I think it's awesome. Lets all remember that crossbows can be shot just for the fun of it. I think many of us are to caught up in the idea that hunting is the reason people buy weapons. SHOOTING is a much higher driving force in business as far as sales go now a days and there are plenty of places you cannot discharge a firearm, so people who love to shoot just buy air guns and crossbows.
I doubt many people will shell out 2k for a crossbow just to target shoot with.
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-03-2018, 11:55 AM

430 fps crossbows have been around for more than 10 years. All that is different is how they market them now, which is unfortunate. It didn't change the game back then and it wont now.

I support all hunters, regardless of weapon or technique!
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-03-2018, 12:06 PM
dce
Sage

Disclamer:I'm not bashing crossbows and have nothing against their inclusion with today's decreasing amount of hunters.I had a chance to handle one of these ravine crossbows a couple weeks ago and I believe that these advancements most certainly are a game changer once the price drops and the technology becomes more main stream.These things are light,narrow,not loud and easy to cock.The heavy,unbalanced,loud cumbersome argument goes right out the window.Throw in 430 fps and you have a deer killing sob with very few if any disadvantages.The newer models seem even better.
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-03-2018, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dce View Post
I doubt many people will shell out 2k for a crossbow just to target shoot with.
I have 5K + rifles just to punch holes in paper.

To Crush your enemys, See them driven before you, and hear the lamentation of there women.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page