Ameri-Step Blind - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-28-2017, 09:58 AM Thread Starter
Hooked on HuntingPa

Ameri-Step Blind

I've hunted out of an Ameri-step one-man blind that I bought last week for $27.00 on sale at Walmart. So far, 3 days in it and I've seen no deer, although there are trails all around me.
The blind, although very small, works fine. Of course larger would be better, but it is manageable.
It's only been in the woods for 4 days. I guess it needs to be around a few more days until the deer get used to seeing it. I was hoping the first day of set-up I would luck into one, but not yet.

I just wanted to report on the blind. It's small, but sturdy, and you are able to hunt fairly comfortably from it. A two-man size would certainly be better, but this one is okay, if anyone was thinking about buying one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-28-2017, 01:22 PM

I won't use a blind for archery any more,rifle or turkey hunting yes but not deer.I have had them out 3 weeks or more before the season and through the season.My results were fewer deer seen and even less that didn't give the blind a wide berth.I just sit on a folding chair.Be careful of your limbs in the blind,if you let an arrow fly and a limb hits the blind you will know why.

Bob Seger,till it shines.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-28-2017, 01:22 PM
Regular Visitor

I just got myself a Ameri-Step Throwdown blind,
It's supposed to be for turkey but I think it'll work just fine for my style of deer hunting
I was thinking of getting a blind like you did but, I wasn't sure of the materials quality.
Thanks for the report
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-28-2017, 08:53 PM Thread Starter
Hooked on HuntingPa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiamovi View Post
I won't use a blind for archery any more,rifle or turkey hunting yes but not deer.I have had them out 3 weeks or more before the season and through the season.My results were fewer deer seen and even less that didn't give the blind a wide berth.I just sit on a folding chair.Be careful of your limbs in the blind,if you let an arrow fly and a limb hits the blind you will know why.
I guess it depends on who you talk about them. My buddy I've been hunting with has seen at least one deer close enough to shoot each day I've hunted with him (four) times. I'm hoping the deer come around by next Wednesday, that's my next day out.
As for shooting in the blind, I'm going to have to get beyond the window.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-28-2017, 09:53 PM
The Man

Is yours a Doghouse or Outhouse model?I think at times a smaller one is better so you can peak out of several sides w/out movin around much like you have to in a larger one.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-29-2017, 09:26 AM Thread Starter
Hooked on HuntingPa

Doghouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by good ole boy View Post
Is yours a Doghouse or Outhouse model?I think at times a smaller one is better so you can peak out of several sides w/out movin around much like you have to in a larger one.
Mmm, I think mine is the doghouse model. I have trouble moving to the right side window. It seems when I shoot I'm going to have to make sure the bow is clear out of the window so the limbs are clear of the windows.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-29-2017, 09:40 AM
The Man

One is more roundedDoghouse I think) and the other(Outhouse I think) is like a Tee Pee.The Outhose would be a lot more difficult but the Doghouse I think would be fine.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-29-2017, 09:50 AM Thread Starter
Hooked on HuntingPa

Quote:
Originally Posted by good ole boy View Post
One is more roundedDoghouse I think) and the other(Outhouse I think) is like a Tee Pee.The Outhose would be a lot more difficult but the Doghouse I think would be fine.
I have the doghouse, then.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page