My report - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-16-2009, 06:44 PM Thread Starter

My report

It was a good season; albeit without meat on the hook.

I passed on some doe along the way and the only really nice buck just would not come into range. I had one button buck two weeks ago that was acting like a kid after candy in the check out line!

My youngest son had a bad morning Saturday. He got a shoot at what I think was a 6 point I have been seeing since summer--kind of narrow and high. He had to hold for a long time until he cleared some brush---the arrow passed completely through. Blood was not real heavy, dark red--and spots only. We tracked him after a couple of hours for about 1/2 mile. He laid down twice but not much blood in the beds.

We went out again Sunday morning--but nothing. We are both pretty down about this--this is the first time either of us have failed to recover a deer.

I had a Muley in SD that I shot late in the day and didn't find until the next morning---I didn't sleep that night.

The last two weeks in the rut have been pretty interesting.

I never did see the onslaught of rifle hunters carrying cross bows--and in fact the only other hunters my son and I saw all season were a group of guys Saturday grouse hunting.

Treat people as if they're what they ought to be & you help them become what they can be.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-16-2009, 07:32 PM
The Man

Re: My report

gonna take the rifle out Cat?
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-16-2009, 08:41 PM Thread Starter

Yep--both for bear and deer. My son is talking about late season archery---I'll make the coffee---been there done that--hard to think warm in a tree in Jan. in PA!!

I should have mentioned that I had my 3 year old grandson with me 3 days and my 5 year old granddaughter with me 1 day--that is very very

Saturday my granddaughter and I had a long conversation about the fact that squirrels and chipmunks will take out as many as 60% of song bird nests--she got a whole new perspective on tree rats.

Also--my ground blind proved to be excellent--especially with the kids. In fact with a little heater in there the late season could get pretty well tamed down!

Treat people as if they're what they ought to be & you help them become what they can be.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-17-2009, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Saturday my granddaughter and I had a long conversation about the fact that squirrels and chipmunks will take out as many as 60% of song bird nests--she got a whole new perspective on tree rats.
.... and I must say, so did I. I did not know that.

2A-Wash. Co.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page