Awesome evening hunt - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 5Likes
  • 1 Post By bohunr
  • 1 Post By RacksnQuacks
  • 3 Post By steelhead125

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-11-2017, 10:53 AM Thread Starter

Awesome evening hunt

I didn't get a deer, didn't see any deer but i have never had this happen before. when i was able to hunt from a treestand and use a compound or recurve i had squirrels climb the tree i was in, get close and take off. i have had birds land on my arrow, get startled and take off. Now i hunt from the ground with a crossbow and have had deer, squirrels, chipmunks and birds and other critters get real close. but the other evening was the cream of the crop so to speak. i had confirmation that my camo is great, my position was good and i was still.

i was watching this red squirrel going all over the place up and down trees, up and over logs, then it came up the log right next to my leg, it looked around and jumped onto my knee, the look on its face when we made eye contact was priceless. it took off and never came back, it didnt climb a nearby tree and chatter like crazy to scold me or anything, it just vanished. i hope it didn't have a heart attack or something wish i had a go pro.
CROW MASTER likes this.

http://www.thebreastcancersite.com
go here click on the pink square, beat breast cancer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-11-2017, 11:17 AM

Cool story. I've had them get close but never on me.
bohunr likes this.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-11-2017, 12:03 PM
The Man

Sometimes we forget how cool it can be just observing nature and that some of the most memorable experiences don't always have to do with the game you are after.
My second time out this year I got to watch a hawk dive bomb a fox squirrel right in front of me and a few moments later watched a Bald Eagle fly by. Saw a lot of deer that evening too but what will really make me remember that day years from now is the hawk and the eagle.
Thanks for posting !
bohunr, Huntered and UncleRev like this.

Darton DS-3800
Public Land Hunter

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page