Excalibur Phoenix Crossbow - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-12-2017, 09:33 PM Thread Starter
Hooked on HuntingPa

Excalibur Phoenix Crossbow

Can anyone give me a idea what the value might be of a Excalibur Phoenix crossbow with all of the goodies and a case. The bow has been used very little so it is like new. I would also be interested in knowing if anyone takes used bows in trade.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-13-2017, 08:00 AM

Older Excaliburs can be tough sells due to the newer models having much narrower limb widths. They lost a lot of value when the Matrix and Micro series came out. With that said they are very reliable bows and still have a following.

Honestly, I think $250 dollars is a fair price for a used Phoenix. The goodies does not add much value.

As to your question if anyone takes used bows on trade towards new ones, Arrowhead Outdoors, the forum sponsor here used to do that. Not sure if he still does but you may want to try giving him a call. His contact info is at the top of the forum.

I support all hunters, regardless of weapon or technique!

Last edited by dpms; 09-13-2017 at 08:06 AM.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-13-2017, 07:18 PM

I agree with DPMS. The older bows while bulletproof bows just lost alot of value with the new series. Kinda of a shame even though they were wide they were really reliable bows.

Traditions only last if you pass them down to your kids!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-13-2017, 08:10 PM
Part of the Community

You won't get anything trading it in. If its a 250 dollar xbow they will only want to give you 150 or 200. Better off listing it on a website like pennswoods.net or craigslist.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-13-2017, 08:57 PM

I thought you were looking to buy one. If you currently own it and can't get much out of it, I would keep for a backup bow.

Traditions only last if you pass them down to your kids!
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-14-2017, 03:09 PM
Part of the Community

Quote:
Originally Posted by cspot View Post
I thought you were looking to buy one. If you currently own it and can't get much out of it, I would keep for a backup bow.
Agree that would be what I would do, its probably worth more as a backup/loaner than it is on the market.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-16-2017, 07:30 AM

I thought I saw a recent ad (Bass Pro?) that offered trade -ins on guns and bows but you probably won't get much.

The spirit of our day is a soft acceptance of everything—except deep conviction in anything.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-17-2017, 05:34 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Just keeping it and have it for a back up is a very wise thing to do. unless you need the money for something. that way if your every day bow fails you can still hunt while it's being fixed and not miss any hunting opportunity
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-12-2017, 07:56 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

I just looked over a ton of threads looking for anything bad bout Excalibur crossbows and couldn't find one !!....I have a 2008 exocet 200 I WOULDN'T trade or try to sell even if I had too, this crossbow has been nothing but super reliable since day one....I even dry fired it once by mistake and nothing happened to it, but other crossbows have had a bunch of bad things said bout them....you would have to pry my dead fingers from my exocet....when I was looking for a crossbow I read every review on any and every Xbow out at the time and excalibur never had any recalls and haven't any to date as far as I have heard, recurve simply perfect !!....I can even change my string in the woods and keep hunting

exocet w/STS, ground pounder
boo string and trigger
2117 w/ blazer vanes and brass inserts

Last edited by Hiamovi; 10-13-2017 at 06:10 PM. Reason: comment not needed/this forum is for all crossbows

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page