Last day is the wife's day...wish her luck - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-13-2009, 01:56 PM Thread Starter
RB
Sage

Last day is the wife's day...wish her luck

As the HPA crossbow gang here knows my biggest motivator for getting a crossbow this year was so my wife and son could jump into the great time of the year to hunt and observe rutting whitetail deer and have efficiency with a weapon during the 2009 archery season should their paths cross one. I didn't expect to like carrying it so much either so it was a nice surprise for me too ...I do think it is an awesome weapon . Anyway..

Well hard to believe the 6 weeks is already ending this Saturday, and I am very gald to have 2 big highlights this season so far, my doe on 10/17 with the crossbow and John's BB on 11/9 with the crossbow. But in all those days there has been one who sacrificed for those highlights to happen and that is my wife. In fact the only day she could go at all was on 10/17, when she carried the ML and I the crossbow and even then we were only clear to hunt til about 11AM.

Well this Saturday my son still on a high from the BB on Monday agreed it is her turn , and we got it lined up now that she and I will be able to get out early and stay out til about noon before the help with the kids runs out. SO please wish her some luck, I know we won't squeeze 6 weeks of action into one day for her, but it "only takes a second" and she has good accuracy with crossbow to 30 yards and i really hope we have an exciting hunt and perhaps an opportunity.

She can take a buck or doe...and we will be thrilled with either.

Despite my son's interest fading a bit during the pre-rut lull out there in mid October, now that he experienced a big rut buck coming thru and acting nuts and the excitement of harvesting that BB at very close range, the addition of the crossbow has indeed lead to these extra hunting days for my family and has gone very well in providing us two quick and clean harvests just as I hoped would be the result of this weapon's additon to the family arsenal.

We are not done yet though...I hope it is the Mrs.'s turn tomorrow morning to experince some of the same. She always put John and I getting out ahead of her without question, and crossbow or not, none of those "extra" days would of been possible without her willingness to do everything else (alone) a parent of 3 has to do on any given Saturday while I and my son hunted.

I can't wait for daylight in the double treestand with her....and to think we STILL got rifle season together now, is something I did not properly gauge as how much it would mean to me.

Hoping for the best....and in 2010 we are getting another crossbow for sure, as that is one limiting variable I can eliminate for next year, the time we still need to work on.

ENJOY THE LAST DAY , BEST OF LUCK ALL!!!

"Only takes a second to change your season" Dad, 1980
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-13-2009, 02:01 PM
The Man

Re: Last day is the wife's day...wish her luck

Good luck to her!!
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-13-2009, 02:04 PM
Frequent Contributor

Good luck to your wife, sounds like she deserves an awesome day in the woods

A tape measurer cannot measure a successful hunt
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-13-2009, 02:12 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Good luck to Janet tomorrow !Takes a special lady to put up with us always roaming the woods. Look forward to the story of "HER" hunt.

HOME 2A(Washington,Pa) Camp 2F (Hearts Content)
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-13-2009, 02:41 PM

Good luck to your wife RB! I can only pray that someday my wife will decide to join me afield.
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-13-2009, 02:44 PM

Tell your wife good luck John. Things should be going crazy up on that hill of yours!

No Place I'd Rather be, than UP a Tree
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-13-2009, 03:07 PM

Tomorrow, as daylight envades the creekbottom where I will be set up for turkeys, I will give a quick glance up to the sky and send my best wishes for a great day for the both of you.

Good luck..

I support all hunters, regardless of weapon or technique!
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-13-2009, 03:08 PM Thread Starter
RB
Sage

Thanks guys!!! We got a story coming one way or another.

LB101, I have waiting for the other rut shoe to fall for some time now ..other than 11/9 ther has not been a "crazy day" like in the last couple years at least when we have been in stand. . My guess is all the clearcutting going on over on the lease behind us has all those tops filled with acorns in easy reach and attracted all the deer....need a few more wanderers.

ANyway my hope is the crazy day has just not happened yet and is tomorrow.

post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-13-2009, 03:09 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Wishing a successful hunt for you and your wife. Have fun and enjoy your day together.

Our store- http://arrowhead-outdoors.com/
"The best warranty, is the one you never have to use"
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-13-2009, 03:17 PM Thread Starter
RB
Sage

Special thanks to you arrowhead, be talking to you about a Vixen or similar after the holidays... and some more of those great flying bolts...

Your knowledge on these weapons certainly deserves a BIG thank you from my family, not sure I would of got all the kinks out playing around on my own with one, thanks for taking the time to learn the science of them for us, the Tornado does its job with great precision, JUST what i was looking for for them. (and me )

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page