2Likes
  • 1 Post By pinehunter
  • 1 Post By kudu58

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-07-2017, 07:47 PM Thread Starter
The Man

Nikon 3 X 32 Crosbow scope pro and con

https://www.dickssportinggoods.com/p...6_ecom_PLA_452

Does anyone have one of these on their crossbow? Do you like them or not like them?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-07-2017, 08:20 PM
New Arrival

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle buck View Post
https://www.dickssportinggoods.com/p...6_ecom_PLA_452

Does anyone have one of these on their crossbow? Do you like them or not like them?
good scope as far as lens clarity and adjustments, but crosshair and circles are too thin for darker woods and low light.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-09-2017, 01:01 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Do yourself a favor and look at a scope with lighted crosshairs. I like My Hawke scope that came with my Mission Xbow.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-10-2017, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WexfordBowhunter View Post
Do yourself a favor and look at a scope with lighted crosshairs. I like My Hawke scope that came with my Mission Xbow.

Agree. I have an illuminated Red Hot scope that came with my Parker crossbow, and I can't go back to no having that feature. Last light shots on the lowest illumination setting are dramatically more confidence-inspiring because you can clearly make out your reticle without washing out the target, nor trying to figure out if a non-illuminated reticle is set where you think it is.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-28-2017, 11:57 AM
Part of the Community

I bought one for the TenPoint last summer, and I like it a lot. Positive adjustments and pretty clear. I only sight in at 20 and 30 yards because I don't care to shoot farther at deer. The two dots for those ranges are dead on target every time. I shot from a sandbag setup on a table to verify. Also, it has held zero even after my crossbow slid off of my tire while it was standing up and the scope took the weight of the fall. Dented my scope cap but the zero stayed the same. You know you can also go on to Nikon's website and enter your arrow weight and velocity and it gives you the yardage value for each dot based on that. It was within a yard of what the website told me, so that's pretty good on Nikon's part.
uncle buck likes this.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-28-2017, 12:15 PM
The Man

i saw poor reviews on this scope on cabelas website. No one had anything bad to say about the Hawke so its what I bought. No problems. Mines just a yard toy though. I've only taken it for deer a handful of times. Next year I'm going to use it more.

Your spot I NEVER go back
My spot I expect the same
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-28-2017, 12:28 PM
The Man

I just put one on my dad's crossbow last fall. It's much clearer than any other scope he had used. I like the dots too and they are dead on. Gathers light in lowlight conditions pretty well also. I personally don't care for illuminated reticles so that is no issue to me. Good scope. IMHO.
uncle buck likes this.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-01-2017, 09:35 AM
Frequent Contributor

I have looked at, and tried various scopes. I settled for the Excalibur Tact-Zone. I love mine, and although some do not like the lighted markings--I do. Also the ranges are marked with actual numbers--20 through 60 yards. I currently wouldn't want any other scope on my crossbow. I like it that much.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page