LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-19-2017, 03:59 PM Thread Starter

Best lighted xbow nock for 2017

Any recommendations?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-19-2017, 07:20 PM

I have shot them all.

If price is not an option, Firenock is the best, IMO. Battery life is exceptional. Super bright. Easy off. Very reliable. The downside is there is some work required to install and they are expensive.

Lumenoks are what I usually use. The brightest nock out there. Easy to install. Good battery life. Reliable if installed correctly.

Clean Shot Nock Outs are very nice as well. I used them quite a bit last year. Easy install. Easy off. True practice mode. Very reliable. Fair brightness and battery life.

I don't like Nocturnals due to how you have to turn them off. Carbon Express Launchpads are dim and cheaply made. The TenPoint Omni Brites are decent overall.

I support all hunters, regardless of weapon or technique!
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-19-2017, 07:59 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the info. Do you know which Firenock model fits the TenPoint Pro Elite arrow?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-19-2017, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewMc View Post
Thanks for the info. Do you know which Firenock model fits the TenPoint Pro Elite arrow?
If you have the newer ones made by Victory, I believe the Firenock F and M model fits the .300 ID shaft. If your bow is a Tenpoint, they recommend Omni Nocks which Firenock does not offer. With that said, it is generally safe to shoot half moon style nocks out of TenPoints, which is the M style. Never shoot a flat style nock out of a Ten Point.

If you want to shoot what TenPoint recommends, you are stuck with their lighted Omni Nock.

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-19-2017, 09:12 PM Thread Starter

They would be a gift for my father who shoots a TenPoint Turbo XLT II. He shoots all omni nocks in the Pro Elite. I've read the Omni Brite 2.0 nock is only a slight improvement over the original and a pain to turn off. What are the pros & cons of these in your opinion?
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 10:13 AM

Yeah, I would probably stick to the lighted Omni Brites. Pros are they are reliable, the battery can be removed for practice, and the battery can be replaced. Cons are they have fair brightness, you have to take apart the nock to turn off the light stick, and the nock insert is glued.

I usually don't glue them, though. I take a plastic thin mil grocery bag and put a small piece over the nock insert before pushing it into the rear of the arrow. It is usually enough to take up the space and hold the insert firmly in place.

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-22-2017, 12:10 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

i like the ignitor by nufletch..stays lit but have to pull nock out to shut off battery..minor inconvience...

Come and try to take my guns!.you might meet my precious metal collection!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page