Found a 6 point - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-01-2009, 09:15 AM Thread Starter

Found a 6 point

I found a dead 6 point in one area I hunt.I found it yesterday and it was not there thursday.I took friday off to help with trick or treat.It is in the area of the hospital in Natrona hts if it belongs to someone here that may still want it.Hopefully a junior or senior hunter shot it since this is a 4 point area.From the shot placement on the deer I would say it was shot from a ground blind.The shot entered behind the rf shoulder and exited in front of the lr hip.Not exactly the shot I would take,quartering towards me.I wasn't there so I can't say why a shot like that was taken.It may be the deer my son and I had in 3 times last week but not close enough to shoot.

Bob Seger,till it shines.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-01-2009, 01:33 PM Thread Starter

Re: Found a 6 point

Update.154 lookers without a comment and upon close inspection it's a 5 point.I took a quick look going hunting last night.Only one brow tine.

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-01-2009, 01:40 PM
The Man

most likely someone thought it had four points on a side and once they noticed it didnt they left it there to rot.
anyway its a shame.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-01-2009, 02:08 PM Thread Starter

I hope that is not the case.I do have that in the back of my mind though.The fact that is was shot quartering towards the shooter tells me a kid or an unethical hunter though.HTE ed teaches broadside or quartering away.I took it the 3rd time this year with my kids.Shame though because I took my son and neighbor kid to see it and they both said they would have been proud of that deer.I don't always assume the worst though.Hopefully the person that shot the deer stands up.

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-02-2009, 02:06 AM

diablo,

I was under the impression that all of that property was posted since I see all of the signs along 28. I also haven't seen any trucks pulled off 28 in that little field since the signs were put up. Permission only maybe?

By the way, home for me is only a few miles away so I will keep an ear open to see if I hear anything about this.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-02-2009, 08:20 PM Thread Starter

You are correct it is posted where you speak of.I know the owner but don't want to post his name on here.That is not the spot I mean.I didn't want to list the exact location on here.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page