The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

Last weekends 9 pt.

1K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  Fleroo 
#1 ·
Last Saturday was the lucky day for me. I went a ladder stand I don't use to much. Saw 2 deer in the am. A small doe first, then later a small 6 pt. He walked by at 35 yds, I try to stay 30 yds or less. So he got a pass. Left for lunch. Went back to the same stand cause the wind here was from the southwest. A bit strange for here, but it worked out great. A little before 6 pm I heard footsteps from my left. Pretry close to. I see a big bodied deer coming through under the scrub trees. The scrub trees are 5 or 6 ft tall. Tought to see anything type stuff. He stopped right even with me and made a scrape and rubbed the tree a little. That's when I saw his rack. Panic set in pretty quick. I did have the bow ready, only need a few steps forward. When he got in the window I gave him a soft meh. Stopped and looked right at me. PUT the cross hairs right on the pocket behind his right leg and fired. The bolt blew through him at 15 yds. He ran up the hill about 40 yds and turned and went down the hill another 40 yds. Crash in threw everything in his path. Crashes into a rock and silence. Hes down, 50 yds from me. I walk over to him and wow. Huge body deer, with the biggest rack I've gotten so far. Man he was heavy. I only had to drag him 80 yds downhill to the powerline. Luckily the property owner let's me use my 4 wheeler. Got him the trailer and out. I didn't get any pics of him. I forgot my phone earlier and didn't think to when I got home. Wanted to get him to butcher pretty quickly. I did take a pic of the rack after. I'll try and post that if I can figure it out. It really was a great hunt, cause I didn't expect to see anything with the temp up.

See less See more
Reactions: bigguy54
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.