PSE Fang? - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-08-2016, 01:25 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Community

PSE Fang?

Looking to purchase my first crossbow. I like the PSE Fang and wanted to get some input from anyone that has one. Also, what bolts would you recommend to use? Thanks in advance for all the advice!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-08-2016, 10:13 PM

Re: PSE Fang?

I bought one last fall as my 1st crossbow. Harvested a doe at 28 yards on my first hunt and an 8 point at 41 yards on my next hunt. Both were complete pass through one shot harvests using NAP 2 blade mechanicals on 20" bolts. I will upgrade to a better quiver this fall. Planning on having the granddaughter use it for Spring Gobbler as at 14 years old she shoots it extremely well.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-08-2016, 10:33 PM
The Man

I would contact Arrowhead who is a sponsor here.He sets em up with improved optics and bolts for a good price.I was gonna buy one but want to go all American not imported.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-16-2016, 09:43 AM
The Man

I have one. They shouldnt have supplied bolts with it as they are junk. I bought Victory bolts.
Upgrade the scope ASAP if your hunting deer. I rarely use for deer, its a yard toy for me. Its the best deal out there. No issues with mine after 2-400 shots.

Your spot I NEVER go back
My spot I expect the same
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-19-2016, 12:18 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

I have tested one to over 1,000 shots and another of my friends has put another 200-400 shots on it. They are a very solid value for the money spent. I would throw the factory scope away, as they refuse to focus and the scope tube is made of plastic. I sell an upgraded package with a $90 scope and four custom arrows for $369. That's a $114 value for $20 extra. I only have a few of these scope left and when they are gone the price will go up.

Our store- http://arrowhead-outdoors.com/
"The best warranty, is the one you never have to use"
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-19-2016, 12:17 PM
The Man

A very well upgrade indeed but wouldn,t it just be better to spend a couple more bucks and get a much better bow like Wicked Ridge?I see one(The Warrior or the Invader)for $399 all the time.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-20-2016, 12:12 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by good ole boy
A very well upgrade indeed but wouldn,t it just be better to spend a couple more bucks and get a much better bow like Wicked Ridge?I see one(The Warrior or the Invader)for $399 all the time.
That is true. However, if I were going to spend the money for a Wicked Ridge Invader then I would probably save a bit more and go with the Ten Point Titan SS. At $599 it's tough to beat and it got a serious upgrade this year. The Wicked Ridge Warrior is comparable in price to the Fang, but lacks all the features of the Fang. The Fang has more speed, is quieter, is more compact and they weigh about the same. The Wicked Ridge has a better warranty. It's a tough call for a buyer I'm sure. Best thing is shoot both and see which one feels the best and which one you prefer. For me the choice is easy, the Fang won hands down. While I doubt the Fang will live as long a life as the Wicked Ridge, the pro's outweigh the cons.

Our store- http://arrowhead-outdoors.com/
"The best warranty, is the one you never have to use"
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-20-2016, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrowhead
Quote:
Originally Posted by good ole boy
That is true. However, if I were going to spend the money for a Wicked Ridge Invader then I would probably save a bit more and go with the Ten Point Titan SS. At $599 it's tough to beat and it got a serious upgrade this year. The Wicked Ridge Warrior is comparable in price to the Fang, but lacks all the features of the Fang. The Fang has more speed, is quieter, is more compact and they weigh about the same. The Wicked Ridge has a better warranty. It's a tough call for a buyer I'm sure. Best thing is shoot both and see which one feels the best and which one you prefer. For me the choice is easy, the Fang won hands down. While I doubt the Fang will live as long a life as the Wicked Ridge, the pro's outweigh the cons.
Well if you are going to get a Titan SS then it might be better to spend a few more bucks and get a Tenpoint Turbo GT. Of course if you keep doing that you will be spending $1,500 to $2,000 for a top of the line bow. LOL.

It is nice to see the manufactures doing some very nice up grades to the low and mid level priced bows.

Traditions only last if you pass them down to your kids!
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-20-2016, 01:37 AM
The Man

I was thinkin the same thing cspot.Just a couple more bucks on every upgrade can get outa hand.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-20-2016, 04:14 PM
The Man

that right there is a great deal!

I'll add that the Fang comes with everything right outta the box. Cocking string, quiver,arrows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrowhead
I sell an upgraded package with a $90 scope and four custom arrows for $369. That's a $114 value for $20 extra. I only have a few of these scope left and when they are gone the price will go up.

Your spot I NEVER go back
My spot I expect the same

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page