Carbon Express X bows - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-02-2015, 03:56 PM Thread Starter
cen
Hooked on HuntingPa

Carbon Express X bows

getting an new crossbow this week. Does anyone have an opinion on the Carbon Express line?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-02-2015, 05:56 PM
Frequent Contributor

Re: Carbon Express X bows

I got a clearance Covert CX1 last January from Dick's. 285.00 to my door. I love it. For so many reasons.

- Advertised shoots 330fps, it does shoot 330. With the 20 inch bolts and brass inserts.
-Fit and finish are great. The finish has a soft feel to it. It's very nice.
-When you put it together, Blue locktite everything. It will vibrate loose.
-It was a little loud, So I bought the Ten point string stop, and the TenPoint bow jax dampening kit. Off of ebay total 60.00 for everything. The shot noise went from 47db down to 36 db. Yes the ten point stuff fits with little modification. (String stop bolts shortened and limb dampers needed to be trimmed.) Easy
-My first scope broke, something came loose on the inside. I called, they had me send back the old scope and sent me a new one, all on their dime.
-Sighting it in at 20 yards I learned the hard way not to shoot more then one bolt at a time. Into the same aiming point in a target. I robinhooded my bolt. A costly mistake. But a good one. They are very accurate.
-After doing my initial sight in with field points, working my way down though the sub-tensions in the scope. I was very surprised that I was accurate out to 82 yards. The very last sub tension.
-I switched to my broad heads, again surprised. I was shooting a 3 inch group at 82 yards with field points. I was in a 4 inch group with broad heads. Unbelievable.

My dad uses a top of the line ten point from two years ago. It was like 1300.00 dollars. His bow is only capable of shooting to 77 yards. 9scope limits him) Not that I would shoot a deer at 82. But at a third of the price. Even with buying a dozen Goldtip Lazer 2's for my bow. And all the dampening gear. My bow is more accurate, quieter and I didn't break the bank.

But If I didn't get it for such a deal and I had to pay full price. I would consider Excalibur. Not a compound crossbow.

This is a picture of a shot from an honest 77 yards. I didn't have the room at the time to get to the lowest sub tension in the scope and later made it to 82 yards.

The penetration is amazing. I practice with my compound at 60 yards and I am shooting less weight, and get no where near the penetration. I never intended on getting a crossbow. Just at the price. I couldn't pass it up. Now I am seriously hooked. I am confidant to shoot to 60 yards out of my tree stand. So the deer that kept skirting my at 45 yards last year and DTR this year. If I see them. lol

Good luck with your choice. Another member got one for his some at the same time I got my last January. He posted on here about it. I replied and never got a response.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page