replacing string ? - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-06-2015, 09:56 PM Thread Starter

replacing string ?

well i knicked my string and cut a few strands off. i guess that means buying a new string for my excaliber phoenix xbow.. the local shop quoted me 135 bucks..am i nuts or do i see the strings online for about 30 bucks?..they want 100 string, 30 install at this particular shop. i just want to replace the standard string on it, its not even mine so i just want to repair it as it was. thanks

We Are...PENN STATE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-06-2015, 10:14 PM
Regular Visitor

Re: replacing string ?

That seems high, i dont know much about excaliburs but a quick google search says they are about $40 also the bow shop shouldnt need to instaw the string part of excaliburs are that you could change the string in the field without a prsss
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-06-2015, 10:14 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

the local shop quoted me 135 bucks. That's nuts, find another shop.

Matthew 22:37-40
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-06-2015, 10:17 PM

You can buy a factory Excalibur string for $20 and a Excalibur stringing aid for $25. Do it yourself in 3 minutes and have the stringing aid to change your own strings every two years for the life of the bow.

Changing the string on Excals is really easy. Just put some twists in or out to set the same brace height.

Forum sponsor Arrowhead can get both to you in probably less than a week. Give him a call at 814-662-4321 I bet he has both in stock.

That local shop was trying to rape you.

I support all hunters, regardless of weapon or technique!
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-06-2015, 11:02 PM
Frequent Contributor

Just curious, what shop was that? Pm me if u don't want it on the net.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-07-2015, 01:28 AM Thread Starter

i thought that was insane, thats why i was asking you folks. i do everything myself i can but i thought i would stop and see. glad im not an idiot who stops in and just pays for whatever they quoted me at. It was bucks and bows on rt 8 in allison park..thats their price, i got nothing to hide. in todays world im sure it was a misunderstanding but i saw on the price board 100 string and 30 for service. probably a high end string with bells and whistles

We Are...PENN STATE
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-07-2015, 12:39 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Wow! That's really high! If you didn't actually talk to anyone and ask maybe that was their price for a set of strings and cables for a compound?
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-07-2015, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mallardmaniac
i thought that was insane, thats why i was asking you folks. i do everything myself i can but i thought i would stop and see. glad im not an idiot who stops in and just pays for whatever they quoted me at. It was bucks and bows on rt 8 in allison park..thats their price, i got nothing to hide. in todays world im sure it was a misunderstanding but i saw on the price board 100 string and 30 for service. probably a high end string with bells and whistles
The highest end string for an Excal would be a Boo custom string which still runs less than $80 with the bells and whistles and you can put it on yourself.

The best thing about Excals is being able to change the strings yourself. You actually should get a stringing aid anyway so you can adjust brace height. Like DPMS said give Arrowhead a call and he can get you setup.

Traditions only last if you pass them down to your kids!
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-09-2015, 10:18 AM
Frequent Contributor

Im looking to replace my excalibur string as well. I was going to get the factory replacement but see the dyna-flights as well. Is there any advantage to them?

1 Corinthians 15:1-4- Christ died for our sins, was buried and rose again the third day.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-10-2015, 09:21 PM Thread Starter

i got in touch with them, thanks for all the advice. be ready for the early season 2b hunt

We Are...PENN STATE

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page