Issue's with string on Parker Tornado F-4 - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-21-2015, 05:21 PM Thread Starter
Frequent Contributor

Issue's with string on Parker Tornado F-4

I had the crossbow for 2 seasons with no issues. I took the bow to the dealer in town here to replace the bow string and buss cables. They looked good, but I would feel better if i had them replaced before hunting season.

I was a little stunted when he said $70.00 plus change. LOL use to vertical bow string price's I guess. I took it home shot a few rounds. It didn't need any scope adjustments. So I continue to shoot a few more shots, it started to shoot 2 inch's to the left. I adjusted scope and shot fine. Took target to 30 yards. 1st shot was good, the second was back to the left again. I brought back to 20 and had to adjust scope again. The scope is a nikon bolt. Well it repeated it self again.

I noticed the left buss cable on the pulley was torn. Not only was the loop unwrapping i noticed a 1/2" crack on the lower split limb. I stop there, took the bow back to the dealer and he said looks like it was cut? I pointed out the crack, he said keep an eye on it might be just the paint chip in that spot? Free of charge for the new strings

I got the bow back during the week, had time today to shoot it. I back where I started. Shot good and then after dozen shots started to shoot to the left again, and the string is falling apart where it loops on the pully, but the chip seems to look the same. My question is what is causing this issue.

I don't feel comfortable taking it back to the dealer to ask his advice again which I did the first time. Any advice what it could be? I feel the limb is causing the issue, not a paint chip. The chip is 1/2" long smaller than 1/32" wide. I can see it and feel it run my finger nail across it.

Thank you... ED
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-22-2015, 08:23 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Re: Issue's with string on Parker Tornado F-4

With the tremendous tension on the limbs DON'T shoot it and I would take it back and insist that they contact Parker about a new limbs.
I dropped mine out of a tree last year,cracked one limb and the shop called Parker and they sent 2 new ones at no charge. restrung new string and mounted the limbs for $60.
Parker has one of the better customer service departments in my opinion. If your dealer is not helpful than I would find another shop.

"Lazy people think of the easy way to do the hard stuff"
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-22-2015, 08:37 PM

One of the signs of a limb that is about to go or one that already has gone is arrows flying left or right of where they used to. Especially if you are shooting the same arrow.

Cam timing could be an issue with left right hits as well. Cam timing is often a problem when less than stellar shops replace cables. The serving on the cable loop should not be separating after so few shots either.

I would try a different shop or call Parker directly. This time of the year, CS should not be too busy.

I support all hunters, regardless of weapon or technique!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-22-2015, 10:02 PM Thread Starter
Frequent Contributor

Thanks guys for the replies. I did stop in after work today and saw on the counter a post card for customers. Stating reps will be in the store on July 10th and the 11th. Nikon rep, ten point rep, etc. etc. seen Parker on the card. I took a card and walked out. I will wait and go in on the 10th talk to a parker rep in person. I have a better chance solving the issue. Thank you dpms and wald jager.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-23-2015, 11:53 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

I would call the customer service # for Parker, you may get it resolved over the phone. Saves you a trip

"Lazy people think of the easy way to do the hard stuff"
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-24-2015, 01:18 AM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Can you post a pic of the limb? Do you know what brand of strings were used? It seems most shops sell pretty cheap stuff of low quality.

www.60XCustomStrings.com
Top quality custom bowstrings
10% off w/code huntpa
$100 gift card giveaway
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-24-2015, 01:18 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Parker RED HOT replacement strings are $28 each My second set are doing fine on my first gen. Tornado..
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-26-2015, 09:15 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Reading your post, if the loop is torn and the serving upwrapping you likely have a timing issue as well as a limb issue. (the string was probably twisted the wrong way and it will stretch a lot if that is the case) I also imagine the limb is about to fail. Lots of shops try to press them without the proper equipment and it causes problems with the limbs, mostly cracking and splitting. Those bows must be pressed from the tips of the limbs. There are only a few presses that are built strong enough to do it. I am not saying your shop did anything wrong, I don't know them or have any idea what equipment they have. I'm just giving possible causes and trying to help you find the cause and a solution. The Parker rep or customer service will be your best bet. Hope this helps and you get it all fixed up.

Our store- http://arrowhead-outdoors.com/
"The best warranty, is the one you never have to use"
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-26-2015, 10:22 PM Thread Starter
Frequent Contributor

I would post the pictures, but i don't know how. I can email and text to someone from my I phone who could pm me and i send the pictures to be posted on here. Thank you... ED
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-09-2015, 01:34 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

pm sent

Our store- http://arrowhead-outdoors.com/
"The best warranty, is the one you never have to use"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page