crosbow during flintlock - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-30-2010, 10:24 PM Thread Starter
Hooked on HuntingPa
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: South of Pittsburgh
Posts: 427
Back To Top
crosbow during flintlock

can you still use a crossbow during late flintlock hunting?
ibid is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-30-2010, 10:30 PM
Regular Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Lebanon, PA
Posts: 1,519
Back To Top
Re: crosbow during flintlock

With an archery license.
sparkchaser is online now  
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-30-2010, 10:31 PM
The Man
 
bigt557's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Fayette Co Pa
Posts: 8,120
Back To Top
Re: crosbow during flintlock

Dec. 27-Jan. 15 flintlock
Dec. 27-Jan. 29 ARCHERY
bigt557 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-30-2010, 10:55 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman
 
OneLongShot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Springbrook,PA
Posts: 3,391
Back To Top
Re: crosbow during flintlock

My flinter finger is getting itchy....can't wait.

Bradford County WMU3C
OneLongShot is offline  
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-30-2010, 11:59 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Dallas, PA
Posts: 3,673
Back To Top
Re: crosbow during flintlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigt557
Dec. 27-Jan. 15 flintlock
Dec. 27-Jan. 29 ARCHERY
I use my crossbow during late season, but your data is just incomplete. Some units go to one date and some to the other. The differentiation is not by weapon but by WMU. Look it up!!

80% of Americans believe in miracles. The other 20% have been audited.
DadHuntsNow is offline  
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-01-2010, 09:36 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman
 
ng270's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Mifflintown, PA
Posts: 2,806
Back To Top
Re: crosbow during flintlock

You can use the crossbow because, as the others have said, archery season is open at the same time. BUT keep in mind that the only way you can hang your unused buck tag on a doe is if you kill the doe with a flinter. Least that's the way I understand the rulez.

Home: 4D & 4B. Camp: 2G & Kentucky
ng270 is offline  
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-03-2010, 12:44 PM
Regular Member
 
Sojourner48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Carbon Cnty, PA
Posts: 2,167
Back To Top
Re: crosbow during flintlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by ng270
You can use the crossbow because, as the others have said, archery season is open at the same time. BUT keep in mind that the only way you can hang your unused buck tag on a doe is if you kill the doe with a flinter. Least that's the way I understand the rulez.
Me too.

Ps.146:9 "The Lord watches over the sojourners".
Sojourner48 is offline  
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-06-2010, 08:55 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: In the Woods Pa
Posts: 3,815
Back To Top
Re: crosbow during flintlock

Me 3
Harrysigafoo is offline  
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-06-2010, 09:04 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman
 
Dale Sholder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Williamsport , PA. 17701
Posts: 4,333
Back To Top
Re: crosbow during flintlock

Only way crossbows are legal now in late season is if you are archery hunting.And then can only use tags for what they are intended. Back tag for buck, antlerless tag for doe or like it says antlerless deer.

Dale
Dale Sholder is offline  
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-08-2010, 05:51 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman
 
bob1961's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: wayne co. PA 3C/3D
Posts: 4,161
Back To Top
Re: crosbow during flintlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigt557
Dec. 27-Jan. 15 flintlock
Dec. 27-Jan. 29 ARCHERY
wher is archery open till the 29th......bob

....

exocet w/STS, munch mount
boo string and trigger
2117 w/ blazer vanes and brass inserts
bob1961 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome