Which one... - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-30-2015, 06:00 PM Thread Starter
Hooked on HuntingPa

Which one...

So I read in another recent post that one of you on here highly recommend the 10 Point Shadow Ultra-Lite. I am putting money back to buy my first crossbow this summer and I thought I had my decision made until I read this post. I am fully aware that the 10 Point is one of the best crossbows made and I am also aware of their price.
I read a crossbow review last year in Field and Stream magazine and they compared several crossbows one of them being a 10 Point. I can't remember which one it was.
The crossbow that they put on top of all others including the 10 Point was a Stryker Solution. Now they said the only bad thing about it was it only came in black but if you want camo you could buy the Cabelas Instinct Lancer which is the same bow made buy Stryker. I made up my mind that this was the bow I was buying since it was only $1049 vs. the $1500 I would probably be spending on the 10 Point of my choice.
Then this morning I read your suggestion on the 10 Point Shadow Ultra-Lite and at how it sells for $1099 and now I am on the fence on which one to buy. One thing that sticks in my head is what you refer to is "the great customer service if you need it".
I guess I have some deciding to do real soon.
Anymore input or advise that you can give on these 2 bows that would help me decide I would greatly appreciate it.

"When seconds count…the police are only minutes away”.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-31-2015, 11:29 AM

Re: Which one...

Two very nice bows to decide between.

The Stryker has been a very good bow after their initial problems. Fast, quiet, great trigger. Optics are horrible compared to whats out there. May want to consider an upgrade there. Service must be done through a Stryker dealer. It has been much better lately.

The TenPoint Shadow has been a great seller for TenPoint. Pretty much bulletproof with the exception of a recent trigger issue that affected some bows. Fast, quiet, and very narrow when drawn. The Acudraws are the best in the industry. I prefer the AcuDraw50 which is the self contained rope cocker. TenPoints tend to be on the heavy side. Optics are better than the Stryker. Customer service is as good as it gets.

I know, from first hand experience, how active the folks at TenPoint are promoting crossbow hunting and the sport of archery across this country. My opinion is they are the leaders in the area when it comes to crossbows. For that reason, I would opt for the TenPoint over the Stryker.

Good luck with whichever bow you choose and have fun with it this fall.

I support all hunters, regardless of weapon or technique!
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-31-2015, 12:15 PM

Personally I would go with the Tenpoint over the Stryker for the reasons that DPMS mentioned. If you can go somewhere where you can handle and shoot both of them would be the best. See what one you like the feel of the best and then decide.

Traditions only last if you pass them down to your kids!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-31-2015, 03:00 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

AmazonHunter, sent you a P.M.

Our store- http://arrowhead-outdoors.com/
"The best warranty, is the one you never have to use"
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-01-2015, 03:58 PM
dce
Sage

I'm far from a crossbow expert but I bought my son a Stryker 380 in DEC 2013.I was hesitant after reading some bad press but the pro shop I bought it from claimed that both reliability and customer service had improved.A year and a half later,he has hundreds of shots through it with no issues.It even still has the original serving on the string.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-02-2015, 12:50 PM
Frequent Contributor

I would recommend Tenpoint to anyone looking to purchase a new crossbow based on quality, but especially for the excellent customer service.

Quarry mine, blessed am I
In the luck of the chase.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-06-2015, 10:00 AM Thread Starter
Hooked on HuntingPa

Thanks for the advice everyone. I thought I would get laughs when I asked "which one" between a Ten Point or a Cabelas model made by Stryker. These two bows and models that I am looking at makes it a hard decision. The Cabelas model shoots over 40fps faster than the TP and has a smoother trigger evidently. I have decided to let go of the idea of faster and decided to go with better quality and good customer service. When I am ready I am going to buy the TP Shadow Ultra-Lite. Thanks again.

"When seconds count…the police are only minutes away”.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-07-2015, 11:43 PM
Frequent Contributor

Personally I am an Excalibur guy but if sombody said--"You cannot have the Excalibur" and you must choose between a Ten Point or a Styker--Hands down--the Ten Point. DPMS stated some great advice and view points. I too suggest shooting them at a dealer if you can. Also Ten Points customer service is great.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page