carbon express cx1 pro or cons? - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-06-2015, 12:22 PM Thread Starter

carbon express cx1 pro or cons?

My son just pick up a new one from Dick's out the door for $248.00 closeout price end of the year sale
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-09-2015, 01:36 PM
Frequent Contributor

Re: carbon express cx1 pro or cons?

In my opinion, your son just made a great purchase. I know because I just purchased one about a month and a half ago.

I found out some things the hard way. Hopefully they will help you in the long run.

Please keep in mind. I am a vertical bow hunter. This is my first crossbow.

1. We got a good deal on a good bow. But a ten point it is not. ( doesn't mean it can't be as actuate, quite, and as fast for a 1/4 of the cost)

2.Blue Lock tite every bolt. They will come loose. After 23 shots the riser bolt worked it way loose. So I disassemble the x-bow and lock tited every bolt that did not already have lock tite on it already.

3. Level out the scope mounting rail to be level with the barrel. I just used a small level balanced to the flight groves and then used the two adjustment screws to level out the rail.( Again found this out the hard way, at 10 yards I ran out of vertical adjustment in my scope to get the bolt on target)

4. (keep in mind I'm new to x bows.) Shoot one arrow at a time at the target at the same point of impact, or simply change the aiming point. I robin hooded my arrows. Really stunk.

5. I then wanted to quiet down my xbow. I did a little research and used the ten point bow Jax silencing system. I found the ten point vibration dampener kit for 20 bucks on ebay. And I then got the string stop at cabelas. I was very surprised. Everyone I spoke with told me the ten point stuff wouldn't work on my carbon exresss. Well, cabelas archery pro's and a few other were wrong. They fit and fit really well. My bow is now only 35 db down from 43db. I also put some Mathews monkey tails I had laying around on the string. I have yet to crono my bolts. But I will sacrifice a few fps for a quieter bow.

All in all, I believe we have made a great purchase. I know my bow shoots as well as my dads Ten Point Vapor. The trigger is not as nice. But then again we didn't spend 1K on a bow. I love the tacky finish of my bow.

Please keep us updated with how your son likes his new xbow. I can not wait to take mine hunting this season.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page