100 gr vs. 125 gr broadheads - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-17-2010, 07:57 PM Thread Starter
Frequent Contributor

100 gr vs. 125 gr broadheads

I am going to be new to crossbow hunting as I am getting a crossbow for Christmas (Ten Point Turbo). I'm in the process of choosing broadheads for deer. But, what grain?

My question is what are the pros and cons of 100gr vs. 125 gr broadheads? How do they perform on game, accuracy, longer range possibilities, etc.

The broadheads I am leaning towards are Slick Trick Magnums.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-17-2010, 08:14 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Re: 100 gr vs. 125 gr broadheads

The Slick Trick magnums are great heads. They will most likely go a little right and low from your field points. If you are using the Ten Point arrows, I would opt for the 125 grain heads. If you are using custom arrows with brass inserts, the 100 would be the better choice.

Our store- http://arrowhead-outdoors.com/
"The best warranty, is the one you never have to use"
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-17-2010, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrowhead
If you are using the Ten Point arrows, I would opt for the 125 grain heads. If you are using custom arrows with brass inserts, the 100 would be the better choice.

I support all hunters, regardless of weapon or technique!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-20-2010, 09:44 PM
Banned

Shoot the broadhead you intend to hunt with, make adjustments so you are dead on then replace the blades with new ones and ALWAYS use that same head until you harvest a deer and do it all over again. I do this with Slick Trick Magnums I have shot 26 deer straight without losing one but I noticed no 2 arrows shoot exactly the same I mean hitting a bullseye at 20 on a 1" dot all the time but if you sight that one arrow you plan on hunting with it will be right on I carry 3 arrows incase I need to finish an animal off but never hunt with an arrow that has not been sighted in JMO. Excalbur Exocet 200, Gold Tip 2, Slick Trick 100 Magnum and Tracer Nock
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-26-2010, 09:36 PM

I use muzzy's 3 blades 100 gr. I been hearing that these broadheads fly good out of crossbows. i am a little different when it comes to field tips weight and broadheads weight. I shoot 125 gr field tips and 100 gr muzzys. there is no adjustment of the scope when i shoot from field tips to broadheads. they fly the same as my parker buck buster and muzzy broadheads took down it's first buck this season. deadly combo.

Beretta 92FS is my side kick.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page