A StoryI want to Share and my 2014 Buck... - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-06-2014, 11:14 AM Thread Starter
Diehard Outdoorsman

A StoryI want to Share and my 2014 Buck...

well it was Oct 28,i knew the bucks would be chasing this morning...set up in my tree stand about 6:00am or so....taking in the sounds of the woods...ahour passes and i see a buck chasing a doe about 100 yards away..i get ready and her she comes at a steady run...well she stops 20 yards from my stand with the buck on her tail as i already have the cross hairs behined his shoulders as the bolt passes threw and the lumenoc has done it's job..the buck runs 5 yards and just stands there and then continues to chase this doe around for the next 20 mins..well all a sudden more bucks are showing,2 comming in the same direction as the last 2..I hear another shot..i'm saying to myself what was that sound...cause it sounded like either a high pitch deer sound..so i was on alert the 2 deer run up pass me and i see and bolt with a lumenoc in it's belly..I'm saying to myself,Oh geez somebody made an awful shot as the buck continues into the field where the bucks chasing the does...anyways more bucks appear under my tree stand a total of 6 bucks and i'm thinking i've been bowhunting since 1972 and i've never seen so many bucks in one time...anyways here come the bucks single file pass my stand 1,2 3.and the forth is the buck with the arrow in it's belly and i'm thinking if i can get a shot,i'll put him down,but i can't get a shot..so he walks off..here comes my buck ,i can see the hit and he's loseing it..beds down 40 yards from me for 3 mins..tries to get up..he can't..beds again lifts his head..head goes down.anyways i'm thinking get down from the stand and put another on him..start getting down..he lifts his head.I said enough buddy your struggling..make the stalk and the shot.I thank the lord for this day and give praise to the whitetail...so back to the truck change clothes .pull the 4x4 down and get my dear..here's where it started 3 guys and 2 girls in the bean field following a blood trail..One of the guys Father had shotten a deer,after i shot my'in..anways I tell the story of the one,i shot and the kid does'nt believe me..starts comming at me with all kinds of questions..where'd you shoot it ,what time and i show him the blood trail and my bolts and the guy's comming at me,but i'm not taking anything from him..i said your dad's deer has a bolt in it's belly and its still running around and it's not going to give you much of a blood trail..his father stands there and just does'nt say much..just his younger son.comming at me..I showed them where i last see the buck and i was going to help them,but this kids getting me pretty %^&$#@ off!..So i continue to clean the deer out in my field and the guy comes at me again..say's some choice words and he gets some back from me..anyways I drive off,thinking about this whole thing that went on..I'm thinking they should just back off and come back for the deer,,cause their just going to push him..anyways I see my buddy who owns the farm and we're talking,i told him what went on..he says who is the guy..I tell him the guys first name..cause i don't really know the guy..anywas..I don't hunt there for a week..I'm on vacation and i have somethings to do at the house,Well yesterday I decide to go and take my brother inlaw,maybe i'll get a shot at a doe..so i approach my 17ft ladder stand to find to letters taped to it..tear them off and put them in my Safety vest..figured i'll read them wheni get settled in..it's from Father and son..to cut it short.they apologize,they found their bolt and their deer the next deer..and thats all good,but they tarnashed my hunt and i did'nt post my buck..because of it..so here it is a nice 6 pter just one of 6 different bucks,i seen that morning..I did put aleast 70 hours in the stand,before getting a shot and could'nt pass this guy up....Thankyou for listening..Rusty
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-06-2014, 11:34 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Re: A StoryI want to Share and my 2014 Buck...

You did good Rusty, it's amazing how deer hunting, can bring out the worse in some folks, it's almost like a form of greed.
Which their actions suggest. One reaps what they sow, your success and attitude suggests a reward of nice buck.

Matthew 22:37-40
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-06-2014, 11:50 AM

Congrats on the nice buck. You probably could of gotten more heated, but you kept your cool and it all worked out in the end. Great job!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-06-2014, 11:57 AM
The Man

Congrats ! Sorry about the unfortunate experience.

Darton DS-3800
Public Land Hunter
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-06-2014, 12:45 PM
Frequent Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callmaker60
You did good Rusty, it's amazing how deer hunting, can bring out the worse in some folks, it's almost like a form of greed.
Which their actions suggest. One reaps what they sow, your success and attitude suggests a reward of nice buck.
Very well said! And Congrats on the buck!
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-06-2014, 06:16 PM

Congrats. Your a good man to keep your cool. That had to be REALLY hard to do.
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-06-2014, 06:19 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Congrats on the buck. Good job remaining calm in the situation at hand.
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-06-2014, 08:20 PM
Administrator

Good job! Congrats!
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-06-2014, 10:10 PM

Congrats on the fine buck! Too bad you experienced some of the worst among us.

I support all hunters, regardless of weapon or technique!
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-06-2014, 10:24 PM

Great Job!!! Congrats!!!

Traditions only last if you pass them down to your kids!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page