bolts for parker enforcer 160 - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-25-2010, 12:28 AM Thread Starter
Frequent Contributor

bolts for parker enforcer 160

I bought my enforcer from arrowhead and it came with 6 bolts. I have beat a couple up via target practice and want to pick up some more. Which bolts should I purchase? The victory that came with it? What is the difference between a moon nock and a flat nock? I'm confused and dont want to buy something I Can't use. Thanks.

Join the PPHA @ www.ppha.us
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-25-2010, 01:05 AM

Re: bolts for parker enforcer 160

If the Victory arrows that Arrowhead provided shot well out of your Enforcer, I would order up some more from him.

The string latch and rail design determines which nock your bow needs. It is vital to use the nock that each manufacturer recommends to avoid a dry fire of your bow. I believe all Parkers require moon nocks.

I support all hunters, regardless of weapon or technique!
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-25-2010, 07:05 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

All Parker bows use the moon nocks or the new Parker nock. I personally like the Victory the best, with Gold Tip Laser II a close second.

Our store- http://arrowhead-outdoors.com/
"The best warranty, is the one you never have to use"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-27-2010, 03:36 PM Thread Starter
Frequent Contributor

thanks for the replies

Arrowhead,

have you heard anything about these new parker bolts? a guy at my local sporting goods store was telling me that the parker bolts are too light and they are now saying to use 125 grain broadheads with them instead of the 100 grains. they do seem lighter than the victory bolts. I guess there have been problems with xbows breaking because of the light areas being like a dry fire.

Join the PPHA @ www.ppha.us
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-27-2010, 10:43 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

I've heard that the new nock is to be a better solution to some of the problems that they are seeing.

I personally think that the problem is that the arrows are not getting seated against the string properly. I've shot well over 4000 shots through Parker bows this summer and I've not had a single problem related to nock/arrow failure. Also, you need to remember if you are shooting carbons-Flex First- if you hit a hard surface just flex your arrows before you shoot them again. You can damage an arrow and it will look fine, but when you flex it the damage is in the fibers and they will break. I've seen it many times. If you shoot that damaged arrow, it will cause a dry fire, as the fibers that shattered will flex rather than push the arrow forward. These rules apply to any crossbow not just Parker.

I haven't seen or heard of anything from Parker about thier arrows being too light.

I had a fellow at a sporting goods store tell me that the reason the bow he was showing me, shot so fast; was because the manufacturer put scorpion venom in the string.

Our store- http://arrowhead-outdoors.com/
"The best warranty, is the one you never have to use"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page