Bonus buck tag drawing - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-08-2012, 10:01 AM Thread Starter
Hooked on HuntingPa

Bonus buck tag drawing

Just a thought. What if the GC had a bonus buck tag drawing? It would be set up so the revenue would be used to acquire more gamelands or habitat improvement. They wouldn't need to sell many, maybe 2000 or so at $50 or so. The goal would be to raise $100k a year or so. I'd be game for it. I guess that would be neat to hunt for the chance at a second buck. This was totally an impulse post and probably will get slaughtered on it since it did think out B,C, D, etc.... I'd rather hunt here for another buck than go to Ohio or NY. Not that I do now, but every year I think a out it. Neither one is far away for me. I think it would keep some money in the state.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-08-2012, 11:34 AM

Re: Bonus buck tag drawing

I have thought about that myself, but in a different way. My feelings were to make a trophy tag to honor WCO Grove. One for each county of PA, 67 total, and make it a lottery. $10 to enter, half of the money goes to a scholarship in WCO Grove's name and the other half goes to equip and train our WCO's. The tage itself could be in a Green color and have WCO Grove's badge in the background, or something like that. And if you were lucky enough to get one, you would need to use it on an 8 pt or better. Just a thought.

We all make choices, some good, some bad, can you live up to yours?
post #3 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-08-2012, 12:14 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

I like the idea for acquiring new land. But with a large percentage of PA hunters complaining about no deer this, AR is dumb that its probably a pipe dream.

Huntin Bucks and Crushin Ducks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-08-2012, 05:45 PM
Regular Visitor

yea i would be game for that... i hunt the state of delaware and you can buy 2 buck tags which is nice one is for any antlerd deer 3'' or bigger and the secound is for a quality deer 15'' inside spread or bigger... i have always liked that and thought it would be nice if pa hade somthing like that..
post #5 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-08-2012, 11:05 PM

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
post #6 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-08-2012, 11:09 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Lets turn in everyone you know that kills more than one buck every year and make the fine 15 grand !

"Be nice, until its time to not be nice" (Patrick Swayze...Roadhouse)
post #7 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-08-2012, 11:11 PM
Banned

Great Idea, NOT! Only 2000 tags??? So the other 800K hunters in the state can whine, complain and cry that they were denied a tag and cause even more divide between our ranks?? Nah, pass...There are to many hunters in this state for that to work, heck we can't even agree on xbows in archery season and you wanna open this can of worms??? PASS
post #8 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-08-2012, 11:14 PM

Why not just charge $20 a point for every deer over "ate" points. Waugh!

AR is only a pacifier.You will never grow if it's not in your genes.
post #9 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-09-2012, 01:03 AM
The Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill_Weber_RRT
Only 2000 tags??? So the other 800K hunters in the state can whine, complain and cry that they were denied a tag and cause even more divide between our ranks??
How many elk tags are issued ?? Same number of hunters are eligible to apply for those.

I think it's a GREAT idea.............. IF the revenues generated go to a noble cause and ONLY that cause.

demokraten saugen
post #10 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-09-2012, 01:23 AM

I don't think I agree with extra buck tags. If looking to increase revenue I think there are better less radical ideas that may appease both sides of the AR/HR issue.

How about charge more for doe tags and have them controlled by the PAGC not county treasurers. Double the price and they are still cheep, throw a couple bucks from each tag to the treasurers to stop them from crying. Charging more and they could give out less tags too.

Sell a doe tag with each license and have folks draw for a buck tag. Maybe even a 3pt to side(min) tag costs $25. 4pt to side (min) $15.

Just throwing out randome ideas like the OP. Unfortunatly there is no way to make everyone happy, but most reasonable people can agree that we could afford to give the PAGC a little more for all the great opportunities we have in Pa.

Semper Fi

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page