Were number 5 - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-29-2012, 01:32 PM Thread Starter

Were number 5

http://citizensvoice.com/news/pennsylvan...shows-1.1395266

The chance of a Pennsylvania driver striking a deer is 1 in 76, a new State Farm study shows. That is the fifth highest rate in the nation.

Drivers in West Virginia are twice as likely to hit a deer with their car compared to their Pennsylvania counterparts, according to the State Farm study. Drivers in West Virginia have a 1 in 40 chance of hitting a deer, making it number 1 in the nation. Waugh!

AR is only a pacifier.You will never grow if it's not in your genes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-29-2012, 01:48 PM
The Man

Re: Were number 5

Just goes to show ya--it wasn't habitat or hunters that caused the "No Deer" problem---they moved to WVa

Genesis 27:3
post #3 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-29-2012, 02:08 PM Thread Starter

Since I like to stir the pot from time to time I will throw this out there for others to ponder.

Was it because of habitat or because of some other reason the push came for herd reduction.

Lets see WV is now number one in deer/vehicle accidents and as another poster put up a few months ago they just came up with these new hunting regulations.

http://blogs.wvgazette.com/johnmccoy...tlerless-deer/

Quote:
The people who set West Virginia’s hunting seasons have finalized a set of regulations designed to have hunters kill many more female deer.
Makes you go HMMMMM. I know what I think just wonder what others think. Waugh!

AR is only a pacifier.You will never grow if it's not in your genes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-29-2012, 02:42 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbridger
Lets see WV is now number one in deer/vehicle accidents
A bit of a strange way to state it as if they haven't been number one for years.

CHARLESTON (AP) — State Farm says West Virginia continues to be the state where a vehicle is most likely to hit a deer. The Mountain State tops State Farm's annual list for the sixth consecutive year.

Stand up and be counted, join an outdoor sports organization
Life NRA,Life PTA,Annual SCI
post #5 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-29-2012, 02:42 PM
The Man

I have a good idea what your thinking

Genesis 27:3
post #6 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-29-2012, 03:03 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbridger
Since I like to stir the pot from time to time I will throw this out there for others to ponder.

Was it because of habitat or because of some other reason the push came for herd reduction.

Lets see WV is now number one in deer/vehicle accidents and as another poster put up a few months ago they just came up with these new hunting regulations.

http://blogs.wvgazette.com/johnmccoy...tlerless-deer/

Quote:
The people who set West Virginia’s hunting seasons have finalized a set of regulations designed to have hunters kill many more female deer.
Makes you go HMMMMM. I know what I think just wonder what others think. Waugh!

Of course it the insurance companies!!! thats why they keep releasing coyotes!!!
post #7 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-29-2012, 05:55 PM

just like in 2000 when statefarm released a study that showed PA deer coll. had risen 50% over the prev. 5 years. 2001 2 week concurrent antlerless season.
post #8 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-29-2012, 07:42 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Oh you guys have it all figured out. You're so, so right. All herd reduction proposals are due to the insurance companies complaining. Couldn't possibly be that the high rate of road kill deer is a result of high deer populations, and those high populations are the reason for the herd reduction programs.

I miss my hunting partner
post #9 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-29-2012, 08:41 PM
dce
Sage

I've been in the insrance business for over 20 years.I go to meeting all the time where different risks are discussed along with ways to try to mitigate them.Never once has the subject of deer been brought up.

I was just at a meeting last week and we talked about Homeowners risks most of the time but auto was also the subject.Once again,deer weren't even mentioned.Deer claims are such a small piece of the actual loss ratio that insurance companies could really care less.On top of that,they're predicatable so it's easy to adjust rates to compensate.Deer are of very little concern.Big storms like the one heading our way are a real concern.We'll most likely pay out over a billion dollars for just this one event and it's tough to prepare for it because it was predicted like deer claims are.Deer aren't even a blip on the radar.

post #10 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-29-2012, 08:47 PM

#5 in the country? i thought there deer were almost extinct here in pa? apparently not too hard to find, at least with a chevy.

as dce has told us many times previously, deer claims aren't a big deal to insurance companys. hopefully, more will read & beleive the words from an insurance industry insider, but i'm guessing.....not.

Pence/Putin 2024

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page