Doe License update for 2f... - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-13-2012, 11:52 PM Thread Starter
Hooked on HuntingPa

Doe License update for 2f...

Well, the total number of doe licenses sold is now:17,231 out of 27,000. As most of us hunters in 2f know, there are very few deer , per square mile already. For the sake of our hunting future, in 2f, I hope these permits will be destroyed, or maybe some young hunter might enjoy his or hers, first deer hunt. Dont get me wrong, Im all for proper management, but when I own 100+ acres of land and have thousands of Allegany National Forest, up to my land, and see only the same deer , that I catch on camera, and personally see, there is not going to be deer hunting in the future in 2f. Between the oil and gas companies ruining the surface and sub surface water(I know cause they've done it to my land), and all the timbering of large mast trees, that doesnt leave much for the wildlife! All I ask, is the hunters of now, think about the future. I know the PGC doesnt have a plan or a clue, SO its up to us, the present hunters, to have a plan in place, and manage our own deer herd.

Nothing sweeter than smoked turkey....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-14-2012, 12:58 AM
Frequent Contributor

Re: Doe License update for 2f...

I saw 35 deer opening day of rifle season in 2F, maybe you should check out a different spot? Too many people hunt the same spot year in and year out and keep complaining that they dont see deer yet they never think to move to different spots. They are out there, ya just got to find them. Hunting will be around for many years to come as long as there are people willing to put in the leg work and do not expect to walk out their back porch and shoot deer
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-14-2012, 01:09 AM Thread Starter
Hooked on HuntingPa

I hunt my land, plus put on many miles on the ANF. I travel up and down ridges, and still same result. Also, I spend about half the season, on other parts of the ANF, not even close to my land. I'm glad to see, someone has good luck on 2f...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-14-2012, 02:06 AM
Frequent Contributor

sorry about sounding bitter, im just tired of hearing people wine about it. The game commission is doing what they think is best, we can either wine about it or embrace each other and just enjoy the sport. Hunting is about adaptation and this is just a new thing we need to adapt to. What parts of the ANF are you hunting around? are you rifle hunting archery etc? or just one? do you have people to put a few drives on? in big woods such as the ANF being able to put drives(even if its one guy) will increase your odds 10 fold. The deer around there have way to many hiding spots and there simply arent enough hunters around to keep them on their feet. The area gets hit harder for bear season then for deer now a days. This causes the deer to get pressured early and they go into their safe havens. They only have a few days between the end of bear season and opening day of rifle to go back to their normal paterns, this rarely happens. Because of this it makes it very difficult to get on the deer during rifle without having at least one guy to move them around. I am with you with one thing for sure, i wish we could let the youth fill all of the doe tags in 2F, that would re unite hunters as comrads instead of everything being a competition as it seems it is now
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-14-2012, 03:16 AM
The Man

I got a 2F tag and plan on using it. No, there are not deer like there used to be, but there are still plenty left to hunt.
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-14-2012, 07:30 AM
Frequent Contributor

I have gotten a deer for 10 year strait in 2f.All with in 150 yards. I did not got one last year. ( did not hunt) but I'm sure that the deer are still there.As for the game commission not having a clue I think you wrong.Do I think that game commission is wrong on how they manage the deer. Yes I do but I think that is becaude we as hunter don't report like we should and they don't have the money or the man power to do the job like they want.

MY GUN MY RIGHT !!!
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-14-2012, 09:25 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

<span style="font-style: italic">I hope these permits will be destroyed, or maybe some young hunter might enjoy his or hers, first deer hunt.</span>

Never understood this comment......no matter who pulls the trigger, isn't the result, as far as deer management is concerned, one less deer?

I prefer my kid hunt and fish rather than steal and deal,
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-17-2012, 12:14 AM Thread Starter
Hooked on HuntingPa

take, your right, but i would rather see a new hunter score, than someone who is just looking to fill their tags, just because they can....

post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-17-2012, 12:49 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

i never bought a tag to just use it. iffin i want to just shoot things i'll shoot paper. tags get used for food

if you bought it, a trucker brought it
2F
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-17-2012, 02:15 PM
dce
Sage

Between the oil and gas companies ruining the surface and sub surface water(I know cause they've done it to my land), and all the timbering of large mast trees, that doesnt leave much for the wildlife! All I ask, is the hunters of now, think about the future. I know the PGC doesnt have a plan or a clue, SO its up to us, the present hunters, to have a plan in place, and manage our own deer herd.

The ANF needs timbered very badly.Cutting the big trees is the best thing that can happen for the deer population in that area._________________________

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page