Randy Santucci - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 111 (permalink) Old 03-06-2012, 01:50 AM Thread Starter
Part of the Community

Randy Santucci

Randy Santucci attended our sportsmen club meeting tonite. Monday, Mar. 5. Shaner Sportsmen Club. I think 1 of our officers met him at an outdoor show & asked him if he wanted to come to 1 of our meetings. There was about 100 members present. He asked how many of us were happy with the game commission deer management plan. Not ONE hand went up !!! He said this is normal for the sportsmen clubs that he has visited. He gave a little talk & gave his opinion on the deer issues. He also took questions from the members. I asked him where was his bullet proof vest like Gary Ault wore when he would do his deer presentations. He had a good laugh on that. When he was done he got a pretty good round of applause.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 111 (permalink) Old 03-06-2012, 09:42 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Re: Randy Santucci

Sorry to hear that, I wouldn't let that guy anywhere near my club. He's a joke, and you bought into it, it's a shame.

I see said the Blind Carpenter to his Deaf Helper as he picked up his Hammer and Saw!
post #3 of 111 (permalink) Old 03-06-2012, 10:59 AM
Banned

time to vote out that officer if I were in that club. Did Randy pass out cool aid for all to drink as well. As for the vest, if you were getting death threats you might wear one yourself when addressing a group of folks minus the "good laugh about it". Keystonepaul
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 111 (permalink) Old 03-06-2012, 12:10 PM
dce
Sage

Please enlighten us with some of Randy's words of wisdom.
post #5 of 111 (permalink) Old 03-06-2012, 12:51 PM
dce
Sage

If you google Randy Santucci,the infamous interviews with Ted Nugent are posted.The man really needs to start telling the truth and quit referring to our herd in the northcentral part of the state as destroyed and devistated.I live and hunt in that part of the state and hunt the public lands.I'm seeing bigger bucks than I ever saw before,much better habitat and still consistantly killing deer the majority of times I hunt.He also has to get his facts strait concerning the habitat.There isn't a forester I know that wouldn't agtree that the habitat is showing great signs of improvement.The habitat is improving rapidly enough that DCNR just took all but one area out of dmap in district 9.They haven't had to fence a timber sale in over 3 years so the deer management plan is working.Santucci is clueless just like the rest of the Unified spike shooters.
post #6 of 111 (permalink) Old 03-06-2012, 03:47 PM

I'm surprised that people from a location near the Allegheny/Westmoreland border, only 30 minutes from downtown PGH, in the SW corner of the state, would complain about lack of deer! Then again I consider the source......Shaner! LOL

I consistently kill multiple deer a year within a few mile radius of this club. There is no shortage deer there. So these 100 people congregate at this club aren't very good hunters, or they all amazingly also hunt in the northern parts of the state and are just sad that things are not the same as the good old days up there. As DCE stated, the habitat is coming back in the north, and so will a balanced, sustainable heard. Maybe they trucked in supporters?

That which does not kill me, only makes me stronger.
post #7 of 111 (permalink) Old 03-06-2012, 03:51 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

If you are in a wmu with poor habitat and you log a section and they don't need to fence because almost no deer show up to feed sounds like randy didn't lie that the herd has been devistated. Whether or not it was needed and to what extent is another matter.
post #8 of 111 (permalink) Old 03-06-2012, 04:03 PM
RB
Sage

I would just like to see a picture of 100 people at a sportsmen club meeting!!!...has to be 20+ years since I saw something like that.

That is as rare nowadays as a button buck in December, 100 yards from a SGL parking lot.

"Only takes a second to change your season" Dad, 1980
post #9 of 111 (permalink) Old 03-06-2012, 04:07 PM
The Man

post #10 of 111 (permalink) Old 03-06-2012, 04:45 PM
Administrator

300,000 deer are killed by hunters in Pa every year. Not bad at all for a state where "the deer herd has been decimated".

MAGA 2020

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page