House game and fishery deer management meeting - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 82 (permalink) Old 03-18-2014, 01:04 PM Thread Starter
New Arrival

House game and fishery deer management meeting

Deer management meeting

Anyone know if Wednesday's Game and Fishery deer management
Meeting will be streamed or broadcast and if so where.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 82 (permalink) Old 03-18-2014, 01:08 PM
Sage

Re: House game and fishery deer management meeting

Sometimes Rep. Causer streams then on his site. Haven't checked yet to see is this one is. Might go, but probably won't.

Those things usually make me gnash what few teeth I have left, in frustration.

Some folks' learnin' curves just look like circles...3A Camp/also hunt 4B
post #3 of 82 (permalink) Old 03-18-2014, 05:02 PM
Sage

Might be recorded, but if it is like it is usually done - causer posts it on his personal house website instead of making it available to everyone on the PA House / committee site.

Always thought that should be viewed as a misappropriation of funds (committee and house funds for personal gain). Heck, each party caucus is also funded with our tax dollars. So anyway you cut it - the video if shot should be on the house committee website.

In light of the news today, I look for a lot more legislation including a merger bill by weeks end. I look for them to bypass the PFBC / GC merger and just put both under DCNR.

Is your position a short term gain - or a long term loss? Separate the issues.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 82 (permalink) Old 03-18-2014, 05:48 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue tick
In light of the news today, I look for a lot more legislation including a merger bill by weeks end. I look for them to bypass the PF BC / CG merger and just put both under DC NR.
I certainly hope so , there is no longer a need for a independent agency , combined agencies work everywhere else and will work in pa.

Save a wolf , take one to the taxidermist
post #5 of 82 (permalink) Old 03-18-2014, 06:31 PM
Sage

Really? Perhaps if you were paying attention, what is happening now should be showing you why Fish and Game should remain independant.

When you are up to your butt in alligators, it is hard to remember your intent was to drain the swamp. Stay focused!
post #6 of 82 (permalink) Old 03-18-2014, 06:49 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by John S
Really? Perhaps if you were paying attention, what is happening now should be showing you why Fish and Game should remain independant.
i do pay attention thats why i feel we need to have one combined agency (DCNR) , tell me , how many other states have a independent game commission ? do you think there is a reason why. IMO its time for the GOOD OLD BOYS CLUB on elmerton ave to go.

Save a wolf , take one to the taxidermist
post #7 of 82 (permalink) Old 03-18-2014, 07:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkhollowarcher
Quote:
i do pay attention thats why i feel we need to have one combined agency (DCNR) , tell me , how many other states have a independent game commission ? do you think there is a reason why. IMO its time for the GOOD OLD BOYS CLUB on elmerton ave to go.
Right on!
post #8 of 82 (permalink) Old 03-18-2014, 07:34 PM
Sage

Yes there is a reason, that is the way they began, under the Governors control with an agency head that is a political hack given the job for supporting the governors run for office and who changes every time a Governor changes. All monies raised by the agency goes into the general fund and when it is time for the annual budget the game and fish agencies are at the end of the line. I know a lot of people in those game and fish agencies and every one of them wishes they had what PA has. Anyone who wants to see consolidation is shooting themselves in the foot. Perhaps you believe some political hack picked by the governor as a political favor is good for the sportsmen and women, I don't, perhaps you think it is a good thing that all money, license fees, permit fees, logging and mineral and gas from game lands goes into the general fund where it can be squandered by the Governor and general assembly for pet projects to get them re elected, again, I do not. This whole thing is about the Game fund and control and the people in government that are making noise are in it, they are making noise so no one looks at them. It would be flat stupid for any hunter to support giving the Governor and the general assembly total control over our game and fish agencies because you have a bone to pick because they do not acquiesce to your whims and wants. You may want to think about who just cheered for you, his record on understanding what is happening, leaves a lot of room for improvement.

When you are up to your butt in alligators, it is hard to remember your intent was to drain the swamp. Stay focused!
post #9 of 82 (permalink) Old 03-18-2014, 07:35 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkhollowarcher
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue tick
In light of the news today, I look for a lot more legislation including a merger bill by weeks end. I look for them to bypass the PF BC / CG merger and just put both under DC NR.
I certainly hope so , there is no longer a need for a independent agency , combined agencies work everywhere else and will work in pa.
AMEN!!! Dead weight needs to be cut loose..... Those against are the same old apologist and the employees
post #10 of 82 (permalink) Old 03-18-2014, 07:38 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Quote:
It would be flat stupid for any hunter to support giving the Governor and the general assembly total control over our game and fish agencies because you have a bone to pick because they do not acquiesce to your whims and wants.
When the govt agency refuses flat out to even listen or consider the concerns of the people funding them then they MUST GO!!! Good Riddance!!!

Maybe this the wake up call the pgc needs..... Your savior dr. Alt sent your agency down this road...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page