The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

wolves out west

45K views 143 replies 38 participants last post by  1 Happy Hunter 
#1 ·
#7 ·
mountainhippie said:
Some good points, but do you think it might be just a LITTLE one sided? And I had to stop watching about the time they suggest that God gives us the right to exterminate species.
If you are totally opposed to us exterminating species, should we not have developed cures for polio and should we not have eliminated smallpox? Or was it the mention of God that got your cookies all crumbled?

#8 ·
muttleysback said:
mountainhippie said:
Some good points, but do you think it might be just a LITTLE one sided? And I had to stop watching about the time they suggest that God gives us the right to exterminate species.
If you are totally opposed to us exterminating species, should we not have developed cures for polio and should we not have eliminated smallpox? Or was it the mention of God that got your cookies all crumbled?
Mutt,
Polio and smallpox virus have not been eliminated. Only vaccines created/used to protect against them. Both are still around especially in third world countries.

#9 ·
do some research and youll see how much of a problem they have become out west..not one sided at all. there's many other facts to prove what the wolves are doing. Try watching Yellowstone's dead. Research how many elk there were in yellowstone before wolves and how many there are left now. I also know someone in Idaho who knows first hand what the wolves have done.

#10 ·
Predators are part of the ecosystem. Most people in this country have never seen a functioning ecosystem in person, including myself.
Keeping ungulate species at artificially high numbers at the expense of other animal and plant species does not appeal to everybody!

#11 ·
I think its a good thing that these folks don't seem opposed to a certain # of wolves being there. Just the # that is there is way to many, I would agree.
Sorta like a conservative is ok with someone having a different opinion than his own, even if he does not agree with it, but a liberal feels everyone should have the same opinion as they do.

#13 ·
It's an absolute shame what is happening out there. A way of life is being stolen from the people out west. These wolves are not native to this country and killing a small percentage of an unknown amount does nothing to control the population. The Lolo zone in Idaho was once a premier place to hunt elk now has no elk to hunt.

#14 ·
I saw here in the local paper that the Idaho fish and game just shot and killed 20ish wouves in the lolo zone. They were not happy with the numbers that hunters have taken this year. I think the total kill in Idaho is abound 237ish. They all need shot....

#20 ·
The wolves that were native to this country were the size of coyotes and they didnt do the damage that the timber wolves (three times the size of the original wolves we had before) are doing now. They need to be eradicated soon before we have nothing left to hunt out west. People wanna see wolves put them in a zoo and go see them there!

#23 ·
When I attended my New Hampshire moose class in 2004 (it was mandatory to get your moose license then) they told us that NH hopes to have a viable Timber Wolf population within 15 years. So they could be coming to a neighborhood near you soon unfortunately.

#24 ·
I rode my bike thru Ystone twice last year, July and mid-sept. Was there a few days on the sept trip. I saw some elk but FAR fewer than other years, none in the Gardiner corridor. Also saw some wolves in Lamar nearing some cow elk, the elk didn't hang around after seeing the wolves. I mentioned to my girlfriend, isn't it strange that with all the cows we saw we NEVER saw even a single calf over a few days. I just don't see how it can continue this way and have a good outcome for the elk. Also never saw a moose, first time that ever happened. It's a different place now. Still a LOT of buffalo (too many it seems), saw some sheep, both black and griz in Lamar.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.