The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

I lied when I said my season was over (Pics)

2K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  Mad Dog20/20 
#1 ·
Being the kind of kid I am, I was out walking in the woods. I guess you could say I was shed hunting. Of course I don't know what I'm doing so I didn't find anythiing... Except I did find a bunch of big trees chewed, a dam, and a lodge. So yesterday I set a 330 on a slide going to the trees and added some lure. Got him this morning. Not big, but I'll take it. Probably in the 25 pound range. Thanks to Backbreaker for yet another beaver. I carried home a mile over my back, and it sure did break it. The whole back of my jacket froze lol.
I caught a beaver twice that got away about a mile downstream. This one moved into this spot, a little bit after the that, and the sign downstream stopped. I had thought this might be him. When I looked at his backfoot, there was two marks from the trap. I find it cool that I caught him a mile upstream a third and final time.
The lodge

The beaver

It was also my first time setting the 330. Kind of scary lol. Not sure why I got him so far back, he must of really liked the backbreaker.

See less See more
#5 ·
Didn't reset it yet but I will. I think he was the only one in the lodge. There may be another though. I have a few other spots that I could clean up some beaver at. There's a BIG one at my grandparents. I'll have to pick a nice one to finish my limit on

#6 ·
Congratulations!! It's funny you mentioned the season isn't over.... Was telling my girlfriend's parents yesterday that the "majority" of my season is over; my girlfriend interupted me and said (sarcastically) "it's never over with you" lol at least she's beginning to see the light after two years..... :) Seriously, don't be afraid when setting 330. Be CAUTIOUS!!! Never put your hands within jaw distance without a safety gripper on the jaws! It is also a great idea to carry a rope in your pocket to compress the springs in an emergency (let us know if you need this method described). Have fun, good luck, and handle all traps with respect!!

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.