moonshine church and cemetary - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-12-2012, 10:21 PM Thread Starter
Frequent Contributor

moonshine church and cemetary

i read a paranormal book before, had the story of the moonshine church and cemetary in it. supposedly at night around midnight u can look in the church windows and see civil war soldiors in there and also people have seen colored orbs floatin around outside.and sometimes if a person was driven by there at a certain time of night there car would stawl. not sure how true all that is.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-13-2012, 12:37 PM
Sage

Re: moonshine church and cemetary

A bunch of us tried on several occasions to see ghosts at Moonshine in the late 60s. Never saw a thing. Just story to scare the kids.

When you are up to your butt in alligators, it is hard to remember your intent was to drain the swamp. Stay focused!
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-13-2012, 03:09 PM

we did the same thing in the mid/late 90's, never saw anything except the empty bottoms of a lot of beer bottles

4C
Patron Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-13-2012, 10:41 PM Thread Starter
Frequent Contributor

i never got a chance to try it. so u gyys heard the same thing i did?
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-14-2012, 01:23 AM

Heard stories about the Church, but never those. Back in the late 1960's the WCO and a deputy (IIRC a Lebanon city fireman named Bucks) found a woman's body in the vicinity. Maybe a mile away. I don't think she was ever identified. Down at the Gap water tower near St Joseph Springs, an AWOL soldier's remains were found in the water tower when it was drained for some work to be done. The soldier disappeared about 15 years earlier.(Glad I never drank the water there.) A few miles north east is the Chinese Wall, Indians had stories about spirits that lived in those rock formations. There were a few stories told by campers at Camp Bashore back in the 1960's about ghosts in the area. I don't remember any associated with Moonshine Church.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-14-2012, 01:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John S
A bunch of us tried on several occasions to see ghosts at Moonshine in the late 60s. Never saw a thing. Just story to scare the kids.
You guys obviously didn't drink enough moonshine.

I don't have ducks. I don't have rows. I have squirrels. And they're drunk.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-15-2012, 01:58 PM

Slightly off topic, but awhile back on one of these threads
someone mentioned that a woman's arm was found back in the
1960s or maybe earlier somewhere in PA.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-15-2012, 02:52 PM

Actually in the 1930's a hunter found a woman's arm in Lower Chanceford Township, York County. The Brogue Store had the old newspaper article on display for a while. Then there was the case of Hopethan Johnson of Red Lion. He was shot and killed at a Memorial Day picnic about 2000. The group of perpetrators hauled the body away. Police combed the area for a few years looking for the body and one by one the members of the group were found dead. Rumors were than the body was run through a wood chipper and then burned. That he was wood chipped and then into a rototilled into a garden, placed in a manure spreader and tossed over a farmer's field, the body was buried under new road construction and paved over, the body burned up in a big brush pile, etc. All of the suspects eventually died off. Some very mysteriously, (like two guns shots to the back of the head) and then about 18 months ago remains were found in a ravine along the river. The wallet with the body and dna confirmed it was Johnson.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-05-2012, 04:20 PM
Banned

I've never seen anything at Moonshine church at midnight or any other time. Most of the rumors centered around the Blue-eyed six (I'm related to two of them) even though none of them are buried there.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-05-2012, 04:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimmerstutzen
Heard stories about the Church, but never those. Back in the late 1960's the WCO and a deputy (IIRC a Lebanon city fireman named Bucks) found a woman's body in the vicinity. Maybe a mile away. I don't think she was ever identified. Down at the Gap water tower near St Joseph Springs, an AWOL soldier's remains were found in the water tower when it was drained for some work to be done. The soldier disappeared about 15 years earlier.(Glad I never drank the water there.) A few miles north east is the Chinese Wall, Indians had stories about spirits that lived in those rock formations. There were a few stories told by campers at Camp Bashore back in the 1960's about ghosts in the area. I don't remember any associated with Moonshine Church.

St. Josephs springs is where the Blue -Eyed Six drowned Joe Raber as well.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page