8 police, lots night sticks and 1 man dead - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-16-2013, 08:48 PM Thread Starter
The Man

8 police, lots night sticks and 1 man dead

I have no words for this. Maybe some of the LEOs can chime in as far as detaining people at their house till a search warrant arrives and seizing their cell phones. Alleged, beat to death by the police

Founder and Proud Member Potter County Hunting Stinks Club
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-16-2013, 11:29 PM
The Man

Re: 8 police, lots night sticks and 1 man dead

I have no comment on that video as I don't know the "other" side of the story.
I will say a similar type of incident happened around here last year...(no one died) ...but the SP were shed in a very bad light by some people putting a video together. I personaly know some of the SP involved in that incident, and they are eagerly waiting for the civil suit to come to court so they can tell the "other side" of the story.
Keep in mind what drugs do to people today.....puts them out of their mind and cops have to deal with that crap.......I am in no way defending bad cops or misconduct......just pointing out that their are 2 sides to that story, and the cops probably can't say much til trial time.............

Your never to old to learn something stupid
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-16-2013, 11:37 PM

We are long past Animal Farm!

Arresting those who witness incidents and seizing all the cell phones is as much gathering evidence as cover up.

If I were in a similar position, the video would have been distributed on the net within seconds, before the police could get to it. Easy to hit the button "send all" I recently down loaded an sms app which only requires hitting two buttons to back up, restore and send to email. Once the picture is out, it can't be hidden.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-16-2013, 11:54 PM

"All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others." - George O.

Good night Chesty, wherever you are......
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-16-2013, 11:59 PM Thread Starter
The Man

I agree Buzz, I think what Im bothered by the most, is that the people that are alleged to have killed the man are the same ones investigating the incident, if thats not a conflict of interest Im not sure what is.

Your right Zimm, I do find it hard to believe that in this day and age at least one of the witnesses didnt hit send to at least a few of their friends.

Founder and Proud Member Potter County Hunting Stinks Club
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-17-2013, 12:14 AM
The Man

I do agree that a outside agency needs to be leading this investigation. They also should have the confiscated cell phones in their hands, not the accused police agency.
If the accused police have nothing to hide, they would want this as well.

Your never to old to learn something stupid
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-17-2013, 01:06 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

I have a few words for this, but can't put them on this family friendly website. Why is it that every time a LEO is accused of something ( with video evidence mind you) there is always two sides to the story, but when an regular citizen is accused we hear none of this there's two sides to the story?

Where have you been?
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-17-2013, 10:02 AM

I agree DH.

Wherever somebody’s strugglin’ to be free,
Look in their eyes ma you’ll see me.
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-18-2013, 01:51 AM

Before I went to college, I felt like many folks that if you were charged or hit by a police officer, you must have done something wrong to deserve it. But I have come to realize, that yes such people exist that are guilty, there are people who for mitigating circumstances have committed a crime, but without the evil intent assumed by the law. And then there are the innocent folks who are tagged because of a number of reasons.

Many of you have seen the movie, My Cousin Vinnie. The wrongful charges and proof of innocence really was established because the vehicle driven by the Defendant did not have positraction and could not have left the skid marks left at the scene. one of the first criminal cases i worked on was an armed robbery with a half dozen etc witnesses who fingered the suspect, except that the defendant was sitting in am airport 300 miles away and was on video tape when he presented his ticket to fly home.

I have seen too much abuse of the system. Even if only a very few do this, it leads to too many people being charged improperly.

In all fairness, some cases involve charges when the LEO was unaware of fine point exceptions to the law. So where an exception or little known justification exists, the officer is unaware and the charges are still improper. For instance using force to keep a person from destroying property.
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-18-2013, 03:07 AM

If you were ever in a situation where maintaining control of a situation at all cost was the only thing guaranteeing you would go home tonight you might understand.

It's your right not to have strangers take your picture so why should a cop have any less of a right.

My ability to remember lyrics from songs of the 60's far exceed my ability to remember why I walked into the kitchen

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page