Whats the worst experience,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-16-2013, 05:21 PM Thread Starter
atr
Banned

Whats the worst experience,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

you have ever had with, bees,hornets,wasp, yellow jackets etc.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-16-2013, 05:27 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Re: Whats the worst experience,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Stepped on, and sank into, a big ground nest once. Not sure what kind of bees, but for sure the really mad kind. Came back at dark with a gas can ( was on my own property ), got about a gallon in and around the nest and BBQ'ed them, They "pop" when they burn up !

"Be nice, until its time to not be nice" (Patrick Swayze...Roadhouse)
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-16-2013, 05:38 PM Thread Starter
atr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Logger
Stepped on, and sank into, a big ground nest once. Not sure what kind of bees, but for sure the really mad kind. Came back at dark with a gas can ( was on my own property ), got about a gallon in and around the nest and BBQ'ed them, They "pop" when they burn up !

I hate "The really mad kind" they're the worst.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-16-2013, 05:46 PM
Sage

I was trimming shrubbery in shorts and thought I was sticking myself with the bushes, did a little dance , then realized I had hit into a nest of ground bees , had 18 stings on the legs, took some Benadryl....The bushes got really trimmed with my tractor and a chain.....gone now....
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-16-2013, 05:58 PM
Sage

Had a nest wasp nest under my deck, unknown to me. Walked past and one stung me, side of face, next to my ear. Felt like a punch. After I recovered I went and got some wasp spray, waited until just before dark and let 'em have it. No more wasps.
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-16-2013, 06:44 PM

I once got the smoke stung out of me by a yellow jacket that had crawled into my soda can without me noticing. Took a pull on the can and that bee stung the inside of my mouth in revenge. I guess she did not appreciate my attempt to save her from drowning. Typical female reaction.... I had a strong alergic reaction and have been alegric to yellow jacket stings ever since so I keep a few Benadryl on me at all times.

Good night Chesty, wherever you are......
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-16-2013, 07:01 PM

One more, if I may, that did not happen to me but to an uncele. My uncle hated yellow jackets and would always take it upon himself to rid the camp of any nests. One summer, as was his habbit, he attacked a large nest and got stung several times. To counter the stings my aunt poured him a double shot of Four Roses, one of his favorite libations, and upon drinking it he immediately passed out and hit the floor - flat on his back, empty shot glass in hand and still at his lips. Well, they rushed him to the hispital in Meadville where he recovered from shock and extreme alergic reaction to the bee and the booze. An allergest told him that he was never, ever, to drink distilled spirits again. Family folk lore has it that this admonishion was not recieved peacefully by my uncle and some strongly suspect my aunt had something to do with the doctors assessment. In any case he never again touched distilled spirits, but his redoubled consumption of Iron City caused them to open an additional cooking pot at the brewery. Oh, I never saw him molest them bees again either.

Good night Chesty, wherever you are......
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-16-2013, 07:06 PM
The Man

I opened the door to my jeep that had been sitting for a few months, heard what sounded like paper tearing, looked down in time to see a swarm of wasps coming at me, 17 stings to the face later, I was sitting in my house with an ice pack on my face and a belly full of benadryl

My Uncle one time got into a hornets nest, stung somewhere around 100 times, he almost didnt make it.

Founder and Proud Member Potter County Hunting Stinks Club
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-16-2013, 07:36 PM
Banned

I was riding my motorcycle when a wasp hit me right where the helmet met my forehead and the sucker slipped between my head and the helmet. He stung me 3 times before I could stop and rip off the helmet.

post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-16-2013, 07:38 PM
Super Moderator

Had a yellow jacket sting me in the neck three times

My name is Moss and i'm a turkey huntin' addict

I'm itchin' to see a red fox twitchin!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page