Back To Top
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Chester County, PA
Re: Whats the worst experience,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
One more, if I may, that did not happen to me but to an uncele. My uncle hated yellow jackets and would always take it upon himself to rid the camp of any nests. One summer, as was his habbit, he attacked a large nest and got stung several times. To counter the stings my aunt poured him a double shot of Four Roses, one of his favorite libations, and upon drinking it he immediately passed out and hit the floor - flat on his back, empty shot glass in hand and still at his lips. Well, they rushed him to the hispital in Meadville where he recovered from shock and extreme alergic reaction to the bee and the booze. An allergest told him that he was never, ever, to drink distilled spirits again. Family folk lore has it that this admonishion was not recieved peacefully by my uncle and some strongly suspect my aunt had something to do with the doctors assessment. In any case he never again touched distilled spirits, but his redoubled consumption of Iron City caused them to open an additional cooking pot at the brewery. Oh, I never saw him molest them bees again either.
Good night Chesty, wherever you are......