Want some opinions on this please........ - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-30-2013, 09:54 PM Thread Starter
Diehard Outdoorsman

Want some opinions on this please........

I went to CDL school and paid $5500 for it.Willingly,mind you,it was my choice to do so.In the past couple weeks I've come to find out that 3 people I know have gotten their CDL schooling paid for because they were on disability.Not sure if it was paid with state or federal $ and really don't care.2 were paid by the "office of vocational rehab" and 1 by some program called "ticket to work",that guy didn't like OTR driving so now he's goin back to them to get welding school paid for!!1st off: I know some disablity case are legit and some aren't.However,it doesn't sit well with me at all knowing that I'm paying for my own schooling and helping to pay for alot of other peoples as well.Why is someone entitled to free schooling,the same schooling I'm paying for, just because they're "disabled".I don't like it, flat out don't like it and it makes me mad!I agree in helping people,don't get me wrong,but they should have to pay the $ back after they get hired!Man does that irritate me!What do you think?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-30-2013, 10:08 PM
The Man

Re: Want some opinions on this please........

I agree with the "pay back" if the school is any good at all they should get a decent job and the pay back could be based on % of income. Incentive for the school to get them a top dollar job to recover the funding.

Nothing wrong with a helping hand but a hand out does nothing but breed the desire for more hand outs.

For those who fought for it, Life has a flavor the protected will never know.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-30-2013, 10:13 PM
The Man

Use to be you could go to JB Hunt or Schnieder and they would pay for your school, in fact they ran their own school to train you and get your CDL. Catch was you had to stay and drive for them for a certain period of time....it was at least 1 year....or you had to pay for the school.
Gov't ought to set same thing up, they if they pay for training, you have to go off the gov't payroll forever, no 2nd chance for differant training, and no more free ride.

Your never to old to learn something stupid
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-30-2013, 10:40 PM Thread Starter
Diehard Outdoorsman

yeah Buzz there still are alot of companies that do that.I wanted all my options open so thats why I went to a "private" school.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-31-2013, 12:04 AM

gov't pays for schooling, and might get someone off the doll and paying taxes. i'm betting it doesn't actually work that way too often, but thats their plan.

muskey, don't worry about it. you still got your cdl regardless, and have your own carrer to look forward to. how someone else got theirs doesn't affect your ability to make a good living. congrats to you & good luck!

Pence/Putin 2024
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-31-2013, 12:43 AM Thread Starter
Diehard Outdoorsman

You're right yellodog!lookin forward to it!Thanks for the well wishes.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page