Things that didn't make the Freeh report - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-15-2012, 01:14 PM Thread Starter

Things that didn't make the Freeh report

http://notpsu.blogspot.com/2012/08/2...hat-gives.html

Why didn't McQueary stop Jerry? Looks like he never really saw anything to stop.

It lends substantial credence to the idea that once he testified under oath using "extremely sexual" he was trapped. He could be the State's hero whistle blower or he could be charged with Perjury, Failure to Report or obstruction if he tried to recant.and his father and Dr. Dranov were vulnerable as well.

Wherever somebody’s strugglin’ to be free,
Look in their eyes ma you’ll see me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-16-2012, 02:13 AM
Sage

Re: Things that didn't make the Freeh report

The morning they removed JoePa's statue, I was parking vehicles for a large archery shoot at our club. One of my helpers is an attorney (and also one of our county's ADAs).

When my superior half called to tell me about the statue being removed and I informed him about it, we had an involved chat about the Freeh report and subsequent reactions by PSU's BoT, etc.

Shared my opinion that the trustees got their $6 million dollars worth from Freeh, because it absolved them of all responsibility, by placing the blame on one dead guy, one convicted felon and two PSU admins who are under indictment.

He was livid over the Freeh report and its countless suppositions, what ifs/maybes and that it was a pretty darn poor excuse for a comprehensive investigation of a fairly complex subject involving dozens of people.

I've spoken with him since the NCAA sanctions and he agreed with my assessment, that it was a severe over-reaction and smacks more of vengeance, than a common sense handling of events.

My take, is that PSU has long been the object of scorn, spite and jealousy on the part of many Division I schools/administrations, over PSU's perceived "Holier Than Thou" attitude.

Paterno stressed student athletes and better than average graduation rates for same, while other schools were investigated for shady deeds with alums, grade scandals and other nasty bits.

Far as many of us are concerned, the (poorly handled) Sandusky sex abuse scandal provided NCAA officials with the perfect excuse to finally humiliate and punish PSU.

Some folks' learnin' curves just look like circles...3A Camp/also hunt 4B
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-16-2012, 02:38 AM Thread Starter

Let's not forget Corbett is a BOT member and the one with the most coincidental involvement and much more to lose than Joe. The football program was an easy patsy to cover up the real scandal. The evidence is all right there, except that the esteemed Louis Freeh couldn't find what is buried in plain sight right in the library.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-16-2012, 01:07 PM
Sage

Denny, if he was defending someone in court he would be using the suppositions as theories to get his client off.

When you are up to your butt in alligators, it is hard to remember your intent was to drain the swamp. Stay focused!
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-16-2012, 01:35 PM

I read through that link and what I got was some blogger basing his assertion on some supposed chatroom post by McQueary? Basically his testimony differed from what he posted in some chatroom? And it seemed the blogger's backup plan was to make excuses for Paterno based on his age and the fact the day he learned of all this was the same day Kenny Jackson went to the Steelers. Then, his assertion is Paterno told the garnd jury exactly what McQueary told him (horseplay) but offers the caveat if it wasn't true or accurate, it was because he was old and the conversation occured 10 years earlier, not because he was trying to hide anything. The author makes assertions there is confirmation McQueary's testimony was "coerced" and he was "guilt tripped" into ramping up the description of what he saw, but offers no source to those assertions. The email which was posted on the blog makes assertions without backing it up with any facts, just claims there was some chat room discussions where McQueary referred to what he saw as "horseplay". There is no copy of these supposed conversations. I'm not saying this thing doesn't goes deeper but this in no way convinces me Paterno's hands were clean in all of this.

I don't have ducks. I don't have rows. I have squirrels. And they're drunk.
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-16-2012, 02:31 PM
Sage

McQueary was guilt tripping! If anyone should have been on a guilt trip it is someone who actually saw the crime and walked away when he could have not only stopped it and protectd the child, he could have gotten Sandusky jailed the same day by going to the police. He should guilt trip for the rest of his life.

When you are up to your butt in alligators, it is hard to remember your intent was to drain the swamp. Stay focused!
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-16-2012, 03:29 PM Thread Starter

I don't see it as exonerating Paterno, but the same assumptions that worked for Freeh can work here as well. The fact does remain that the entire case and investigation starts and ends with McQ. What he saw and what he said is something we may never know, but the chat logs might help.

post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-16-2012, 04:05 PM
GIE
Banned

This is EXACTLY what I have been saying all along. (Feel free to read my previous posts.) Those that so loudly/outspokenly support the Freeh Report and the NCAA sanctions are doing NOTHING but satisfying their own personal agendas against Penn State and are using the crimes of JS and the misguided actions of JP, GS, GS, and MC as a veil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyF
The morning they removed JoePa's statue, I was parking vehicles for a large archery shoot at our club. One of my helpers is an attorney (and also one of our county's ADAs).

When my superior half called to tell me about the statue being removed and I informed him about it, we had an involved chat about the Freeh report and subsequent reactions by PSU's BoT, etc.

Shared my opinion that the trustees got their $6 million dollars worth from Freeh, because it absolved them of all responsibility, by placing the blame on one dead guy, one convicted felon and two PSU admins who are under indictment.

He was livid over the Freeh report and its countless suppositions, what ifs/maybes and that it was a pretty darn poor excuse for a comprehensive investigation of a fairly complex subject involving dozens of people.

I've spoken with him since the NCAA sanctions and he agreed with my assessment, that it was a severe over-reaction and smacks more of vengeance, than a common sense handling of events.

My take, is that PSU has long been the object of scorn, spite and jealousy on the part of many Division I schools/administrations, over PSU's perceived "Holier Than Thou" attitude.

Paterno stressed student athletes and better than average graduation rates for same, while other schools were investigated for shady deeds with alums, grade scandals and other nasty bits.

Far as many of us are concerned, the (poorly handled) Sandusky sex abuse scandal provided NCAA officials with the perfect excuse to finally humiliate and punish PSU.
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-16-2012, 04:21 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

No veil on my part, Jerry Sandusky raped little kids using the PSU football program to do it for many many years. People involved in the football program knew he was a creep and was bringing kids to football practices and games but didn't care because football was more important. We can split hairs all we want but plain and simple is little kids got raped thats a bad thing and people need to know when that happens the person as well as the environment that allowed it to happen were wrong and will be punished. I will be rooting for PSU football in the future, but I am hoping that after all this is said and done the University will not be the same place and will be more about academics than football or no lesson will have been learned by this horrible incident and history could repeat.

Molon Labe
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-16-2012, 04:35 PM
GIE
Banned

I agree, that's bad. Horrific.

But you punish the actors and those directly involved. You don't punish the "environment", those who knew nothing of it and would have NEVER condoned it in the first place.

It's like putting you on probation because your cousin went to jail for 5 years because he stole merchandise from a store. That would be ridiculous.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page