Colorado Shooter Mailed Shrink Notebook - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-26-2012, 01:19 AM Thread Starter
Sage

Colorado Shooter Mailed Shrink Notebook

The man accused in the movie theater massacre at the opening of the new "Batman" film mailed a notebook detailing his plans to a psychiatrist at his university before the attack, Fox News reported on Wednesday,....

The package allegedly sent by 24-year-old James Eagan Holmes had been in a mailroom at the University of Colorado since July 12 but remained unopened until its discovery on Monday, a law enforcement source told FoxNews.com.

Fox News quoted its source saying: "Inside the package was a notebook full of details about how he was going to kill people. There were drawings of what he was going to do in it -- drawings and illustrations of the massacre."

Images in the notebook included drawings of stick figures shooting at other stick figures, the FoxNews.com report said.

Fox News did not identify the psychiatrist. Holmes was a doctoral student in neuroscience at the Anschutz campus until filing paperwork to drop out in June...............

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...86N0WT20120726

Is your position a short term gain - or a long term loss? Separate the issues.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-26-2012, 03:18 AM Thread Starter
Sage

Re: Colorado Shooter Mailed Shrink Notebook

This just hit me wrong.

The shooter was very involved and integrated into the medical community. He understands the in's and out's of the system and how the legal system interacts with it.

The guy might be nuts. He isn't stupid.

My bet is he ends up on a psych ward for life rather than in the chair or gurney with a needle in his arm. That result based on gaming the system to the end.

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-26-2012, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTman
Quote:
Originally Posted by sq32
They should of wasted him...NOW everybody and there brother will be trying to make a buck off of him.
Aint that the truth. There is no reason this <edit> should live another minute much less cost the people thousands upon thousands of dollars. Our society has fallen, it is very sad.
Here's a couple quotes from a thread involving this same issue which fit accordingly here as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-26-2012, 11:34 AM
The Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluetick
This just hit me wrong.

The shooter was very involved and integrated into the medical community. He understands the in's and out's of the system and how the legal system interacts with it.

The guy might be nuts. He isn't stupid.

My bet is he ends up on a psych ward for life rather than in the chair or gurney with a needle in his arm. That result based on gaming the system to the end.
I'd really like to believe that he is legally insane. I'd like to believe that sane people who understand the results of their actions don't do this sort of thing. Unfortunately, they do. And while I think he probably has some level of mental illness, I doubt that it reaches the level of true insanity. And with that, I am going to do my darnedest to not talk about him anymore, as the victims' families have requested. It's hard not to want to get inside his head and try to figure out why, but they're right. If fame and attention are what he was after, we shouldn't give it to him.

Go n-ithe an cat thú is go n-ithe an diabhal an cat!
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-26-2012, 03:32 PM
Administrator

He's guilty. Put a bullet in his head now and be done with it!

MAGA 2020
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-26-2012, 04:20 PM Thread Starter
Sage

I refer to that action, if available (in a perfect world) as option 00. The option in my world offered to the suspect or accused (not convicted yet) to avoid the circus and follow on prison time and all that comes with it.

Not like it is going to ever happen - but hey... something to toss out when the lib's get going on this stuff. You really need to see the reaction to appreciate it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page